15: Naive

^ Mika  [3rd person POV]^

^ Mika [3rd person POV]^

"Hey, can you do table service?" Gavin asked Mika who was finishing up with the last order at the counter.

"Oh! Yeah of course!" Mika accepts the challenge as he wipes his hands on his apron and comes out from behind the counter. Grabbing a small pen with a cute cactus topper and a small yellow notebook to take the orders down. As he does he feels his phone vibrate in his back pocket. He checks it without opening it, finally happy to have someone in his life who cares about him enough to check in on him once or twice throughout the day. There were also days like today where instead of texting him, Pierce would surprise him by just spontaneously showing up which warmed Mika's heart to the very core each and every time.

He quickly skims over the text which read 'Almost done here, see you soon sweetheart' before tucking his phone back into his pocket. The uncontrollable smile spreading across his face as the tiny butterflies in flood his stomach as he nearly floats to the table.

Mika was falling in love again.

He didn't think it was possible after the past six years of being constantly broken and severely abused. But Icarus was one thing.

Pierce would be different.

Mika giggles a little at just the thought of his gentle giant for a boyfriend and snaps himself out of it so he could get back to work. He walks over to the first table, where a sweet older couple asked for two cappuccinos. The two women smile at him and whisper to each other.

"He looks like me when I first met you," one says and the other smiles noticing Mika could hear them.
"What she means is you look like you're in love." The other laughs and Mika joins in.

"Aish, It's that obvious huh?" he jokes and sends their order over before walking to the next table in the corner. Where an attractive guy in a business suit with dark curls of brown hair and dark green eyes awaits him. He gets a strange vibe when he walks up to him and thinks of skipping over to the next customer but the man spots him before he can get the chance to run.

"Are you Mika?" He asks in this deep voice with an almost threatening tone.

"Why yes, What can I do for you!?" He chirps with a sweet smile.

The man stands up, letting his chair drag back with a loud scraping sound.

"You can give me my boyfriend back."

Before he knew what was happening, Mika was slapped so hard he goes sideways and crashes into another table before falling to the floor and being kicked in the stomach.

"Mika!"