32. Clarity

^Ali and Mika^

(Mika POV)

"So as you can see your honor, this was NOT a contrived murder or suicidal coverup. It was nothing more than a mere accidental homicide if that. And If there is one person who should be put in jail is should have been Min Kyung Lee for breaking her restraining order and stalking these two members of the beloved Grayson family. That in itself is an act of treason against our royal family!"

I slam my fist on the jurors' table with just enough power to get my point across and they shudder in fear.

The Kasuma family lawyers scramble about and squabble over lost evidence but it was clear as day who was going to win this long drawn out case.

"That's all your honor," I say as I fix my skinny black tie and stand up straight.

As soon as I sit down the courtroom explodes with conversation as the judge calls for order.

***

I walk through the prison with the squeaking of my dress shoes against the hard white tile floor with two guards following close behind me.

We reach the cell and the guards open the door to Alejandro twiddling his thumbs while whistling. He looks up at the sound of people entering and tilts his head.

"Mika? What are you doing here?" He asks with dark knitted eyebrows in confusion. I keep a straight face as I enter, feeling sorry for not working harder to get him out sooner. 

"Mr. Omar you have been absolved of all charges put against you hereby release you from this prison. We are here to sign your release and as of today your record will go unstained." I say and clear my throat. He stands up and looks at me in shock.

"Wait? Are you serious Mr. Park?" He catches my professional vibe as he comes over and shakes my hand.

"Do me a favor and watch him for me," I whisper, low enough for the guards not to hear. He gives a slow nod and I turn around quickly to walk away.

"Come along Mr. Omar, we don't have all day!" 

Getting his best friend out of prison would be my last show of love for Pierce Grayson

***

"Thank you for getting me out by the way," Alejandro says and I only nod

Both of us standing outside of Pierce Grayson's house.

 The place I had called home for the past two years. 

"No problem, it's my fault for taking so long. Besides, it was a lot of fun to flex my lawyer muscles." I say as I flex my scrawny arm, trying to postpone this meeting for as long as possible. I could tell he was doing the same.

"So why are you here?" Alejandro asks more out of pure curiosity than anything else, still in awe over our separation.

"I just needed to pick up a few things, What about you?" I ask with a small shrug. 

"Apparently, he's the only person I have left," Alejandro admits and I look off to the distance. I didn't tell him the reason why we broke up. How Pierce slept with his wife and now she was pregnant and that's why she wanted a divorce. I wonder if she's going to marry Pierce.

"I'm sure you have nothing to worry about," I say in an attempt to ease his mind in these last few moments of peace. Alejandro finally uncrosses his arms and turns his head to look at me with those piercing dark green eyes I had nightmares about. 

"We can work together. I'll distract him while you get your stuff." he offers and I allow a small smile to appear on my tight lips. 

"I feel like the two of us together are a sight he never wanted to see," I laugh and we inch our way to the door together. The morning sun was rising against the front of the house and the birds were chirping in the warm light. The gentle ocean could be heard in the distance and the salt in the air felt just right. 

Alejandro raises his fist to knock against the hardwood door but a loud banging and the sound of a gun going off from within the house disturbs the peaceful morning air. A loud scream that sounded like Taehyung sets both of us on high alert as we quickly try to pry open the door. Only to find it locked instead. 

I look over at Alejandro, seeing the same amount of panic reflecting back to me and our minds in sync as we take a few steps back onto the front lawn. With a slight nod, we both go charging forward at full speed, crashing through the front door and quickly wishing we hadn't. 

It was as if time itself had gone into a standstill as I examined the scene before me with seconds to spare. With Taehyung huddled on the living room floor, hiding behind an archway and screaming. 

Towards the kitchen, Pierce was on the floor, stumbling to get up as he leaned against the counter for support with a pained expression and a large bruise on his cheek.

Standing across from him on the other side of the marble countertop stood Natasha with a black pistol with both hands, pointed straight at Pierce's head. Her cheeks were covered in watered mascara and her red face was blotchy from the tears she had cried.

"I loved you! I loved you but you never even acknowledged my existence!"

At the sound of us coming in, she turns and the gun was suddenly pointed at me.

"And you! You stole him from me!" She screams and without even giving us the time of day to speak up for ourselves, the gun goes off. Alejandro and I attempt to jump back, falling to the floor in an attempt to dodge a speeding bullet from a crazy woman.

But the bullet never reaches us.

Only the blood-curdling scream coming from Natasha.

Once I realize I'm not dead, I quickly look up to see Pierce holding the barrel of the gun at his chest. Natasha was covered in blood spatters screaming her head off and dropping the gun. 

Pierce holds his chest and falls to the ground.

"Look what you made me do!" She screams at us as we stand there in shock before grabbing a sharp knife from the counter and running directly towards us. 

"Fuck!" Alejandro screams as we both run into the living room. I quickly follow and pick up my little Taehyung from the floor, who was screaming and wheezing at the same time. I had never heard him wheeze before but it sounded like he couldn't breathe. 

In my concern, Alejandro quickly yanks me sideways and we fall behind a couch in an effort to hide from the growling lunatic, just holding breath and pulling Taehyung close. 

Her footsteps slow as she enters the living room and we stay still in fear. I look over at Alejandro and he looks at me and Tae. He quietly reaches over and I slip Tae off of me and onto the floor behind us as both of trying to cover him as some sort of human shield. We had already accepted death but Tae didn't have to.

His small cough from behind us disturbs the dreadful silence and her footsteps rush forward as she appears against the wall with a knife. 

But a second gunshot is fired and she hits the wall, the crimson substance covered both Alejandro and me. 

I just glance at the fallen headless figure in a state of shock as Alejandro stands up and looks over the couch. 

"PIERCE!"