5: Good Morning Cutie

Mika was busy with another customer and didn't notice me sliding into line. I slide my sunglasses off and shift Taehyung on my hip. With a small idea, I quickly whisper into my toddler's ear and when we make it to the counter he says hello in his favorite language out of the three he's fluent in.

"Anyoung haseyo!"

Tae excitedly waves and says hello in Korean to a smiling Mika.

He's a younger guy, definitely younger than me by a few years. Probably in his early twenty's and a college student.

Those sweet light brown eyes meet my gaze and he quickly pushes back his perfectly styled dark brown hair with a shy smile and an overall adorableness to him that intrigued me. I've never randomly bumped into a stranger and felt an instant attraction as strong as this. Ever since I brought home Tae, I've stayed away from short strings of lovers but there was something between us that was different.

I start to wonder if he's single but quickly dismiss the thought as soon as it comes to mind. Reminding myself that no one wants to be bothered by a single father.

"Oh, Good morning Pierce! who's this?" Mika's eyes quickly dart away in a shy retreat as he gets flustered by just seeing me in front of him. He distracts himself by looking down at Tae and he becomes another victim as my son's cuteness gets to him.

"I'm Taehyung! But everyone calls me Tae Tae." My son says and holds out his little hand like a real professional. Amused, Mika gives it a gentle shake while giggling at the four-year-olds seriousness.

"Anyoung haseyo Tae Tae!" he says back and scratches the back of his head while blushing as he looks up at me.

"Ah, this is my son," I explain, thinking he was going to freak out or something since he clearly has a little crush on me. Which is okay because I have something going on for him too, but I couldn't put a name on the feeling just yet.

"Oh, I could tell by his handsome charm and good looks. It must run in the family!" He says and as soon as he says it, he claps his hand over his mouth in shock from accidentally saying I'm good looking out loud. He's too cute.

I tell him our order and he quickly gets to work, probably glad he has something to do other than stare at me.

But I want him to stare at me.

I want to see him blush.

Tae stands on the ground with his hands in his pockets, waiting patiently.

"How's your head?" I ask when Mika comes back to the counter and he raises an eyebrow before feeling the back of his head in recognition.

"Ah, I have a small bump, but I think I'll be okay. Thank you for asking," He giggles and hands me the little tea for Tae.

Our hands brush against each other and the small interaction alone, strangely enough, makes my heart skip a beat.

It was a feeling I haven't had in a very long time.

I hand over the small hot pomegranate tea to Tae Tae and he squeals with delight while carefully blowing through the small hole to cool it before taking a well-anticipated sip.

Mika then goes to hand my coffee and to test out this new found feeling, I gently brush his hand again, but with my thumb slowly caressing the tops of his fingers as he pulls away.

Mika's gaze meets mine, finally bringing this shy cutie out of his shell.

But only for a second as he looks down again and bites the corner of his lip, blushing softly. He quickly hands me the last coffee without looking at me and mumbles something that resembles a 'see you soon' under his breath before running away to handle the next customer.

I walk out with Tae Tae happily sipping his tea and following close behind me.

"What a nice guy daddy," He announces as he gets into the car.

"Yeah, he is pretty nice huh?" I say as I help him buckle up and remember I told this poor guy nothing about the fact that I was leaving for a few days.

"Shit," I curse myself out under my breath. He's probably going to think he did something wrong.

"He's as nice as Alejandro!" Tae yells in my ear as if he's my sub-conscience speaking from the very back of my brain and the bottom of my heart.

**********

Before we go around and attack me for using romanticized Korean or sue me for cultural appropriation,

I have diverse characters.

Deal with it.

Also, HOW FUCKING CUTE IS TAE???

I hope you love him as much as I do.