12: Say Something

~Pierce POV

"WHO WAS HE?"

Alejandro crosses his arms and stares at me angrily.

"Why does it matter to you?" I sigh as I stand in the doorway to Ali's condo.

"Why does it matter to me!? I just got back TODAY from a three-day business trip where I was your mother fucking BOYFRIEND! Of all things!" he screams at me and I quickly close the door behind me.

I lean back against the door for support while I face these conflicting feelings head on to settle this once and for all. I deserve better, Mika deserves better and Alejandro deserves better.

"You lied to me! You said I was the only one! You're so fucking two-sided sometimes. But you're right. Why should I care? Get the fuck out of my house! I never want to see you again!" Ali dramatically turns away from me and takes one step up the stairs before I burst.

"Say it."

He stops on the stair and looks over his shoulder.

"FUCK ALI, JUST SAY IT!"

We stand in silence, I can feel my breath quicken from being so pissed off. His head tilts down to the floor and he kicks the stair.

"I don't know what you want me to say, please leave me alone." he keeps walking up but I push off the door and follow behind him catching his wrist but he yanks it away.

"ALI!" I call out, only causing him to run faster until I catch up and tackle him on the stairs. He screams out of anger and tries to fight me but I grab his wrist and whip him around so he can look up and face me.

"I'm tired, Alejandro! I can't do this anymore! I'm tired of this emotional brain fucking! JUST SAY IT ALREADY!"

I pin him against the stairs and he looks at me with a pain in his expression that I had never seen before.

"Say it or I'm giving up.

I give the final ultimatum and could hear my voice crack as I hold back my own tears.

"I love you."

He finally whispers back and I breathe a sigh of relief into his chest just hearing him say those words lifted the heavy feeling from my heart.

"I love you but I can never be with you."

.

The words stab me harder than I thought and I pick my head up to look at him again. The tears were starting to spill from his dark green eyes and onto his freckled cheeks.

"What do you mean!?" I wanted less of the mind puzzles, not more.

"I love you! I love you, Pierce! But I never want to be with you because I know you're only going to hurt me, and that would fucking destroy me! I don't trust you!"

He yells in my face and I finally let go of him.

Pulling back and feeling my own tears starting to fall.

He stays in the same place and I and I bend down once more to kiss him on the stairs.

"No...no ...Pierce..."

He whispers softly between our kisses because he knows what this is.

With the last kiss, I gently bite his lip and pull away the slightest bit, our foreheads still touching.

"I loved you too Ali,"

I finally confess and although, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest, but a new burden of grief washes over me. I gently caress his cheek as he tries to hold me close, but I shrug him off.

"Pierce," He whimpers my name which only hurts me more.

Before I finally gain just enough strength to walk away.