58. Amnesia

*And now I give you...the moment you've been waiting for*

I park in front of Mika's law firm, slamming the door to my Ford GT as I storm into the building pushing past the security officer who stutters my last name.

I walk straight up to the front desk to a young receptionist who catches sight of me and instantly stands to bow with respect. 

"Mr. Grayson sir, this is unexpected, I don't have-"

"Where's Mika Park?" I can't be bothered with her stuttering like a lunatic and she quickly points to an office in the back.

"Room 102, but he's on the phone with a cli-"

"Thank you, oh and also he's quitting today," I announce to her shock as I walk past her and walk directly to room 102. I didn't give a damn about the fact everyone else who was working overtime here was staring at me as I took long powerful strides. 

"Damn, what did Mika do to piss him off," I heard one person mumble and reach Mika's office, Opening the door so fast that it slams against the wall and he looks over from his phone call with his perfect mouth dropped.

"He's lying...I think I'm going to have to call you later, a crazy man just walked into my office," He says and pulls the phone away from his ear, concern washing over his confused face.

"Pierce? What's going on?" He asks and without answering him I just grab hold of his wrist and yank him out the door.

"Pierce! You can't just...Pierce!" he continues to whine as we get out of the building.

"Ah! You're hurting me!" He yelps and I stop in my tracks casing him to crash into me as I turn around and examine his skinny wrists. He was right, my grip was a little too tight and he had bright red marks on his wrist where my fingers once were. Fuck, hurting him was the last thing I wanted to do tonight. I bring his wrist up to my lips and gently kiss it as a nonverbal apology. He quickly takes his wrist back and rubs it gently.

"It's okay, I'll be fine, but tell what's going on?" He asks and I go to the other side of the car and open the passenger door. He stood on the sidewalk in his suit and tie, so confused by the situation that my sweetheart turns in a complete 360 before facing me again. The people walking past us on the busy city street in downtown Bridgeport look at us like we're insane but I didn't care. Mika finally gives in and steps out onto the street, getting into the car so I can gently close the door behind him before hopping over to the driver's side. 

"I feel like I've just been kidnapped," he sighs as he puts on his seatbelt and I pull onto the street. 

"You haven't said a single word to me, what's wrong Pierce?" He asks but I don't answer him. Afraid that I'll give myself away the moment I do.

"I thought you were going to California tomorrow?" He asks.

Yeah and either you're coming with me or it's canceled.

I think to myself, speeding up to reach our desired location as soon as possible.

"You're scaring me...does this have something to do with the hospital the other day? Listen it's okay if you don't remember me, seriously. It's probably for the best, considering you're moving and all," he says and the fact he thinks he was so unimportant hurts me in ways I couldn't describe. 

My Mika never thought of himself in such a low light. He was always humble but this was different. What happened to my Mika in these past few years? Or maybe I should replace my what with a who.