14: Blank Slate

(Pierce POV)

"Please stop,"

Alejandro shrugs my hand off his shoulder as I lean forward while looking at the capital from Japan.

"Sorry, I can't help it sometimes. I'm just so used to it," I lean against the conference table instead but he refuses to make eye contact with me, only clearing his throat and trying to compare Japan with Korea. He looked paler than usual with large bags and dark circles under his eyes that hadn't been there last week. His left hand wrapped in a bandage.

"Hey," I try to get his attention but he continues to ignore me.

"Ali,"

Still no response.

I turn off the hologram and turn his chair aggressively towards me with my foot. He tries to get up, but I force him back down by his shoulders.

"What do you want Mr. Grayson."

He stabs me straight through the heart with his formality. It's as if everything we had meant nothing and any sort of relationship we had vanished in thin air.

"I-I just..."

The depression that clung to him like a dark cloud was so heavy it was almost visible. But I had made my choice and he had made his.

"I'm sorry for treating you the way that I did. It wasn't right." I tell him honestly. He continues to stare at his hands and play with his bandages.

"You would apologize after all is said and done." He says with brutal honesty that kills me.

He stands up and I let him go, grabbing the doorknob to my office and holds it tight. His gaze drifting to the ground first then to the side, so I could he his the sadness in his watery green eyes without having to look at me.

"You've hurt me in ways you will never know," He says with so much pain and anguish, I doubled over in true emotional pain.

"You deserve better Ali," I'm just able to get out as he opens the door.

"I know."

***

"Ouch, that sounds harsh,"

Mika says with concern filling his sweet voice as he takes a sip of hot cocoa and shivers with the small breeze. He worked in a coffee shop but strongly disliked the taste of coffee which I found adorably hilarious.

I gently swipe the dab of whipped cream from the tip of his nose with my thumb and lick it. Enjoying the way he watches me and starts blushing softly.

"Sadly most breakups are." I sigh. I had to decide to pay him a surprise visit while he was on break. Just seeing his beautiful shy smile makes me forget about the pain from earlier this morning and all last week.

"What about your idiot that Ica or whatever his name is? Just let me know if he bothers you and I'll take care of him for you," I tell him as I take a sip of my macchiato with one hand while the other was rested on his leg. His hand placed gently over mine and his thumb softly grazing the top of my hand in smooth comforting motions that I found relaxing.

"It's Icarus and he told me I wasn't good enough for him and got back together with his ex. It's typical but nothing to cry about considering now that I've moved on too...with you," He says with a shy smile, still unsure of himself or if he was being too bold.

He thinks it makes him seem stupid when in reality I wanted to push this table aside and kiss him until he couldn't breathe. But I hold myself back and to regain the air he just took away from me.

"But then again maybe he has a point." Mika sighs as he takes another sip.

"What are you talking about?" I ask and he looks down embarrassed, puting down the mug and nervously tracing the rim with his finger.

"I dunno. If I'm not good enough for him, what makes me good enough for a big billionaire celebrity like you?" He says and points behind me.

I turn around to see the Grayson International Enterprises billboard floating in midair with a picture of my brothers Peter, Luke, Enrique and I.

I clasp his hand under the table in mine and give it a gentle squeeze. Thinking back to all the shit I've gone through these past few years, the people I've hurt, the lives I've ruined. Mika was the picture of innocence and happiness. If I fucked up this I would ruin him too. Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

"No Mika, you may not believe me now, but I don't deserve you."