40: Unconditionally

~ALEJANDRO POV~

"What's up baby daddy? You look tense as fuck," I smirk as Pierce looks over today's files. 

Since we were on good terms these days, he had reinstated my position as personal assistant and now that I was back on my feet we no longer lived together. But it wasn't the same as before. 

These days we were strictly business partners working together with one goal in mind. Good friends at best and anytime I tried to get just a little closer, the wall he had built to protect himself from future heartache smacked me in the face. His heart had been encased by reinforced concrete, a barbed wire fence, and rabid dogs ready to attack anything that comes close. 

I still don't know why Mika broke off their engagement. He never wanted to talk about it, I wasn't even going to try bringing it up, and Mika had seemingly disappeared since the hospital. Neither of us had seen him since. 

But it had been nearly a year since Mika had left.

I wanted to be more again.

He wanted to hear nothing of it.

I wasn't nearly as close to him as I was before he left me for Mika because I had my own insecurities. I'm a man after all and I don't want to be heartbroken again either, but for him I would take a chance. I don't know if he would ever do the same for me. 

 Although he was the same sexy boss I had succumbed to multiple times over, he was different now. 

Before his heart was all over the place. Pulled in multiple directions with a string tied to each. Now it was as if he cut all ties, including mine, and didn't have a heart at all. 

His soft gray eyes were cold and emotionless with only the smallest hint of a laugh here and there renewing my hope of finding the old Pierce in there somewhere. The carefree jerk I loved.

Pierce looks up at me with the most unamused expression he could possibly muster.

"What? You have multiple babies with multiple parents, therefore, baby daddy. Is there some new drama in your life I don't know about?" I explain and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm a single father Ali, And I only have two, you act like I have four or five!" He defends himself and I laugh.

"Hey, with your record. You never know how many little Pierce juniors could be running around out there," I point out as I lean on his desk and he raises a thick brown brow at me before returning to his work. 

"No really, what's on your mind?" I ask and he sighs.

"I was just thinking about...stuff." He says as he scratches his chin and puts down his work tablet.

"Ooo, I'm intrigued. What kind of stuff?" I ask, uncrossing my arms and leaning back a bit as he puts another tablet down. Secretly, I wanted nothing more than for it to be like old times where he could never resist me.

His eyes meet mine and he smiles as I give him my little adorable look. He stands up and it reminds me of the times when he would hold me in his arms and just kiss me like there was no tomorrow. God, I miss him. 

I had moved on with other men and women over the past year but nothing was quite like being with Pierce, back when he was mine. 

Without paying much attention, I come back to reality only to be shocked by the fact he was now just inches away from my face.

"You don't want to know." He says in that deep sexy voice of his and I narrow my eyes.

"Ooo...so like dirty stuff?" I raise my eyebrows and he nods.

"Very very dirty things." He says and I wanted to break down laughing but hold my composure.

"Oh, why kind of dirty things?" I ask and he narrows his eyes.

"Like how dirty my house is and how I how much I have to clean when I get home." He finishes and I lean back.

"Oh my fucking God, who domesticated MY Pierce Grayson!" I laugh so hard there are tears falling from my eyes. I wipe them off with the back of my hand, looking over to see he's laughing too and shaking his head. He sits back down and slams his head on the desk causing me to keel over and fall on the floor. 

"God damn Pierce, I know I told you I find your brother attractive but that wasn't the go-ahead for you to become your brother, shit." I fell a sharp pinch and cry out while laughing so hard it hurt.

"Or should I call you Peter now?"  I continue and laugh so hard I weakly slam my fist on the desk and he kicks me while laughing too. I slowly make it to my knees and lean against his chair. 

"Shut up Ali!" he cries and I look over to see he was now closer to me than ever before. 

"I still love you anyway, even if you're an old man now," I confess and his laugh disappears as his eyes reflect this strange pain back at me. This pain in his eyes held so much despair it was terrifying but it could never drive me away. He clears his throat and sits up while I catch my breath.

"I'm not that old," He says with a small smile but I could tell there was something underneath.

"You're thirty years old now so I dunno that's pretty old." I point out and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"You're a year older than me!" He flicks my forehead and grabs his jacket.

"Where are you going?" I ask, confused.

"I need to clear my head." He sighs as he zips it up. I grab my own jacket.

"Then I'm coming with you."