43. Vulnerable

(Alejandro POV)

"Mmm...Pier..."

I blink a few times as the morning sunrise blinds my eyes only to see the cold empty space next to me. He was gone.

"Fucking hell, I knew it,"

I mutter under my breath and sigh, slowly tracing the spot where he once laid next to me in warm sheets. My loneliness the best of me and what I thought was just a sigh ends in an uncontrollable choking sound as my disappointment gets the best of me.

Of course, I was the idiot. What I thought was more was just an invitation to go back to where we started.

I slowly curl up my knees to my bare chest, burying my head in between my knees and feeling my hot stupid tears of self-pity wet the blanket feeling used. I was stupid enough to trust him with everything and he took full advantage. 

"Ali?"

At the sound of his soft voice of concern, I feel my heart flutter and instantly look like an idiot.

 I tilt my head up just enough to see him standing in the doorway shirtless with his dark boxer briefs hanging low to his waist.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he comes closer and I lay back covering my face. Not wanting him to see how emotionally fragile I was.

"I'm fine." I grumble but can still feel him hovering over me as he gets back into bed.

"You don't look fine, What's wrong? I mean I know it was good but I didn't think you'd burst into tears." He laughs and I yank the pillow out from behind me and smacking him with it at full force.

 I quickly go back to curling up and hiding under the blankets, trying to wipe away my pointless angry tears. I can only feel Pierce hook his arm around my waist and pulls me in as close as he can, taking the blanket off my face in the process.

"I thought you left me...you know, like before," I admit to a blank wall.

"Oooooohhh," He kisses my cheek before I turn around and nuzzle his head on my shoulder.

"No Ali, I think we're past that now." he gently whispers close to my ear in an attempt to reassure me and leaves a line of kisses down my neck. Refusing to pull away, he rests his soft lips against the base of my neck and the tingling sensation only adds to the warmth in my chest.

I didn't realize just how much I missed him until now. I missed his soft touches, his lust filled gaze through those beautiful gray eyes, and his deep voice in gentle whispers. I turn around to face him and he instantly raises his hand to sensually stroke my jawline with the tip of his thumb.

"Why do we always do this at my house then? Why not your house?" I ask as I trace the stitched scar from the bullet wound on his chest. It was just one of many, but this was the only one I knew the origin story for.

"Because at my house we would be doing dirtier things," Pierce says while bringing his kisses to my shoulder.

"Oh like what I wonder?" I chuckle a little as he closes his eyes and groans.

"Like...housework and childcare," he grumbles and gently runs his fingers through my hair.

"If you get dressed up in a maid costume with a frilly skirt then I'm in," I joke and he laughs.

"Is that what you fantasize about? If so you can keep dreaming." he pokes me and yelps as I pinch his little nipple. 

"You can be the maid, I'll be the butler, and I get to be on top," I say while I poke him back. He cracks up laughing and rubs his eyes. I start laughing too just thinking about the ridiculousness. I didn't actually fantasize about that. I was just tired and wanted to make him laugh.