23: I'm Just As Afraid As You Are

"Murder!?!"

Mika and I say simultaneously with the same level of shock. Luccia falls back into the chair in her small apartment holding her head in her hands.

"I think I'm going to be sick." She groans and Mika walks to the kitchen with Taehyung behind him as Police drones fill the apartment for their investigation.

I sit down next to her and wrap my arm around her and she collapses into me. Sobbing into my chest, I could feel her tears soaking into my t-shirt but didn't care as I rock her back and forth.

Mika walks back in with a glass of water and hands it to her. Bending down and carefully pushing her hair to the side. She takes the glass and takes a few small sips.

"It happened right in front of me Pierce. What am I going to do? Do I defend my husband? Or testify for the poor girl he killed?" She chokes out and falls face first into my lap, dropping the glass of water to the floor and it shatters.

"What do I do?" Mika mouths and I give him the same look back.

"I don't know." I mouth back still in a state of shock.

Alejandro was many things but a murderer was not one of them.

After a half hour, the tears stop flowing and Luccia finally starts to calm down.

She sniffles a little as I continue running my fingers through her hair in comfort and Mika had left a few minutes before with Tae to give us some space.

"I don't know what to do." She croaks and I look down.

"Well, you find a really good lawyer. I'm sure my sister would be more than happy to..." I try to suggest but she quickly interrupts me.

"No, Pierce." She takes in a shaky breath.

"I'm pregnant," she chokes and my heart drops to the pit of my stomach.

"And it's not Ali's, It's yours."