6: Roleplay

"You're late,"

Alejandro was already on the private jet with his arms crossed with his sunglasses still on so I couldn't see his seething green eyes burning holes into my skull. God, this man is going to drive me fucking insane with his bipolar ass. But instead of starting a fight, I hand him his favorite coffee as a small peace offering and look at my watch. It was only 3:01.

"I'm only one minute late! You're acting like I forgot to show up!" I cry out and Tae Tae puts on his headphones, taking his seat on the opposite side of the jet with the stewardess, while I'm forced to sit in the seat across directly in facing him. If I sat elsewhere, I'd probably be beaten upside the head or something.

"We were supposed to leave at 3, not you get here at 3!" Ali explains through pursed lips as he takes a sip.

"You should have told me we were leaving for 2 then. Come on Ali, you should know me by now." I kid around with him in an attempt to lighten up the dark moody cloud that seemed like it was about to consume him. He gives out a long deep sigh before laughing out loud. I narrow my eyes, confused by his genuine laughter which couldn't have possibly been from me.

"Actually we were due to leave at five," he informs me and the jet begins to prepare for taking off.

"I could have slept in!" I groan and sit back.

"Well if you had stayed with me I would have let you," he snaps back and I quickly glance over my shoulder to check on Tae and see if he was listening in. But he was already watching his favorite history documentaries on his tablet. Relieved, I turn back to my fragile lover.

"You know I can't." I gently remind him. He takes off the sunglasses, tossing them on the table and I could see how swollen his eyes were. Red from the extra crying he must have done after I left. If I hadn't been kept busy with Tae's sickness, I would have cried too.

Ali's eyes look towards my son for a second before his crossed arms move to hug himself instead.

"You have a nanny for a reason, don't you?" He says and we stay silent for a few minutes. The plane takes off and we continue this game before I couldn't take it anymore. I'm first to break

"I'm sorry about last night...I didn't mean it Ali, I swear. I was just really frustrated by the situation." I explain and he nods. Still looking down at his lap, refusing to make any eye contact as he takes another sip of coffee.

"You don't have to apologize Pierce. You set me in my place. I shouldn't have asked." Ali finally says with a sad smile.

"I don't know why I thought saying it would change things. I just...I just like it when you hold me close is all. It shouldn't have been such a big thing and for that I'm sorry. We've been doing this for a year so I thought maybe, just maybe you would want to stay the night. And I know it's wrong considering the rules we've set but...anyway I should have known that I mean nothing to you and you should mean nothing to me." He quietly explains before staring out the window and into the cloudy afternoon sky. I feel the large lump in my throat, filled with guilt, return to its position. It even burns to take in any oxygen from hearing the amount of sadness that filled his voice.

"That's not true." I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever Pierce, I'm probably the worst one-year stand you've ever had. I feel like a leach or something," He says and I lean against the small table between us, tracing the small grains in the wood.

"Well you're good at sucking one thing, but it's definitely not my blood," I get a sharp kick to my shin for that one and cry out in pain as he laughs.