20: Fate Was Envious of Us

TWO YEARS LATER...

"Wait! I love this song!"

Taehyung calls out as he runs into the kitchen at full speed. Quickly tapping on the Google home to turn up the song Anpanman by BTS which was playing off of Mika's Spotify before breaking out into dance mode. Mika is taken by surprise as he pulls out the bell peppers from the fridge to cook dinner. Pierce would be working for another hour or so this evening and it was just the two of them at the house.

"I'm not a superhero! Maneun geoseul barajima. I can be your hero! ireon mari gadangkina!" Taehyung starts wrapping in Korean and English while dancing with his dangly arms and feet to the time of the music.

He's actually a gifted dancer and was only perfecting his gift with impressive speed after only a few months of hip-hop dance classes. Mika had convinced Pierce to put him in class after seeing the potential and thought it would help him burn off some of his unlimited reserves of energy. They were both thankful for the crash he would go through just two hours after he got home from being worked out in class.

"gyesok dollyeo dollyeo naye Anpan, Keep ballin' ballin' still bangtan! nun tteuni hero but still in miro, geu young man, young man, young man," He dances his way across the kitchen to Mika's laughter and grabs a water bottle from the fridge.

"I'm a new generation Anpanman! I'm a new superhero Anpanman!" He calls out, making a superhero-like pose and Mika starts cutting the vegetables while watching him move and sing his way back to the chair to swing his backpack off and onto the chair.

"Come on Mika!" He giggles, running back to grab his soon-to-be stepfather's wrists and Mika quickly puts the knife down.

He couldn't dance but he tried to join Tae anyway and the two just end up spinning in circles together. Breaking into fits of laughter as the song ended and Mika wiped the sweat from his brow before going back to preparing dinner. Mika turns the music back down as Tae brings out his homework.

"You like BTS?" Mika asked as Tae pulled out a stylus for his homework tablet.

"Yeah, well I didn't know who they were before, but my friend likes them. He's a new boy in class and he speaks Korean too. I was assigned to be his mentor so he wasn't so alone but he hasn't made any friends other than me because he's really really shy," Tae sighs as he works on a problem of some kind.

"Well, I'm glad to know he has someone like you for a friend. I hope you're nice to him," Mika warns and Tae rolls his eyes.

"Of course I am but Mika...I have a serious question but you can't tell daddy, promise?" Taehyung asks as he puts his tablet down and takes a sip of water. Mika stops cutting the peppers gives him a curious glance.

"It depends on what it is hyungie," He warns as he gives the serious 5-year old his full attention, even though there was this slight pain in his stomach that was trying to distract him.

"How do you know if you like someone?" He asks and Mika smiles, continuing to cut on the chopping board.

"Well it depends on how you feel when you talk to them," Mika answers and Taehyung lets out a long drawn out sigh, there was a certain gleam in his eyes and calm in his disposition as he leans his cheek into the palm of his hand.