Relentless Corruption

Cat Sith, Turquoise, Sharp: Sinon

I logged myself into the all too familiar world of Gun Gale Online, looking around the city of Glocken as I spawned in. In that exact moment, A notification suddenly popped up saying that I had received a message from K. I quickly accepted it and the digital envelope opened for me automatically.

"Running late. Stay out of the alleyways." It read.

"Alleyways?" I spoke out loud.

Out of nowhere, a black motorcycle drifted hastily out of a close by alleyway. The riders long dark hair blew majestically in the wind as my gaze met his reflective purple visor. I didn't even have to guess who this was. Player1 throttled towards me and hit his brakes suddenly, throwing the rear wheel up as he rolled to a smooth stop in front of me. With the lack of momentum, the back wheel fell back down and Player1 turned to me after performing a stoppie.

"Your carriage has arrived, my lady." Player1 said through his voice changer.

He gestured to the seat behind him and I gave an amused smirk. I threw my leg over the back of the bike and sat my butt down, gripping tightly onto K from behind. I didn't want a repeat of what happened just a few months ago.

"We'll take the highway. I want to show you something." K revved the bike and took off towards the roads.

Player1 drove quickly to the lower trench-like highways of GGO as I looked up at the giant run down building ahead of us. The in-game backstory said that it was some huge data bank that was hacked and left for dead, but that's just for the lore. Every once and awhile, a small bridge would flash over my view of the tower as the highway we were on was below ground level.

"So, what is it you wanted to show me?" I asked curiously.

"Can't tell you. It's a surprise." I heard K smile.

"We're not checking the old data bank, are we?" I asked.

"Yes and no. That's not specifically where we're going, but we have to pass through it to get there." K told me.

"Sounds like fun." I smiled.

K instinctively looked in his rear view mirrors and noticed something immediately as he peeked back past me to confirm.

"Great. Not even 5 minutes into this game and I'm already being head hunted. Switch me." K ordered.

"Huh!? How?? I'm behind you." I stated, slightly pulling away as I still held tightly onto him.

"How well can you balance?" K asked, hardly turning his head to address me while keeping his eyes on the road.

"What?!" I was stunned by what he was implying.

K hopped up and planted his feet on the seat of the bike, kneeling down to balance himself on the top of it. In very precise and deliberate movements, Player1 did his best to try and stand up as he hesitantly held his arms out at his sides. Once successfully up, K faced forward and looked down to keep an eye on the cycles free handle bars.

"Climb over me." K didn't move.

"What?! But..." I wanted to outright refuse but I realized we didn't have much of a choice.

"Just climb up to my shoulders and flip yourself over me." K instructed.

"I don't think I can do this, K..." I had fear in my voice as the roadways sped past below us.

"Trust me, Sinon." K simply said.

"O-Okay. I'll try..." I knew I didn't have a say in the matter as reluctantly swallowed my pride.