Equalizer Complex

A bright white light shined on my closed eyelids and I slowly opened them to see what could possibly be blinding me in this underground room. My vision adjusted, allowing me to see a window wall looking out to the bright morning city of Gun Gale. The view itself looked like it was thousands of floors up in the air but how could that be? We were still in the garage.

"Rise and shine." K walked casually by my view without a shirt on.

He had his usual respirator and visor on to cover his face but all he wore were a pair of dark jeans. His figure was better than I anticipated however. Though his abs were not chiseled, they were clearly visible even for his slimmer stature. I sat up to get a better view.

"Love the hair." K pointed out.

I put my hand to my bed hair and tried to hide it but I shook my head in defeat.

"You're not an STR build, are you?" I confirmed.

"Nope, DEX. Nice bra." K said.

I blushed heavily and looked down, seeing that I was wearing a tank top now from last night.

"Don't you start with me." I flustered.

"Haha, alright, babe. I'll prep the gear and let you get changed." I could hear his smile as he began to leave the room.

What he called me struck a cord in my heart. I felt a sudden spark and something about it made me feel happy inside.

"Hey, K?" I asked.

"Hmm?" I heard him as he peeked back.

"...Thank you." I smiled with blush all over my face.

"Of course." He nodded and shut the wall behind him.

He thought I thanked him for the privacy, but it was so much more than that.

K drifted his car around a corner and floored it forward along a straightaway. He weaved in and out of traffic as we sped rapidly towards our apparent destination.

"Any reason why we're going so fast?" I asked, grabbing onto the roof handle for stability.

"Those same goons that tried to team up in the Super Soldiers tournament want our heads." K explained, finding a road that went off toward the barren desert ruins.

"Why are we going right to them then?" I questioned.

"They called us out publicly." K spoke behind his voice changer.

"What?" I wondered.

K opened his arm screen and dragged it to the center of the car. The video played and opened to reveal someone with a morphing pixelated face. He spoke with a voice changer too.

"The skilled sniper known as Sinon, and the sharpshooter who goes under the alias: Player1. We saw that in the Super Soldiers tournament, these two abused their skills in order to win together. Sinon. GGO calls her: "The Blue Sniper" Faced off against the judgment wielding dog known as: DeathGun. We all know that she assisted the Photon swordsman in the fight to end this viscous fiend, but has clearly become corrupted by this unknown Player1. Many call him cold, unrelenting and unkillable. But these are not compliments. We have evidence to prove that he does in fact retain some kind of super skill that he claims he only uses for good. But, we can clearly see now that it has enabled him some sort of God Mode power. This we cannot allow. We are calling out these two insect players to fight us with everything they've got. We will be broadcasting this duel on every channel at our disposal, and we will let you decide who deserves to die. We are throwing everything we have at you, Team Discord. We expect the same from you. Pixel out." The video and hologram screen closed, returning to K's forearm tech.