Bleed Out

As you've already learned, you mustn't tend to your wounded until the battle is done. This can be a big problem if your enemies understand the importance of pressure. If you have been paying attention thus far, then you shouldn't have a big problem engaging in a gunfight. If your ally is to fall, the only thing you can do is encourage them to get to cover until the battle is won. Sure, you could go in for a quick and stealthy revive if the situation allows it, but most times your enemy will push. When an ally is down, you must finish the battle so that a safe revive is ensured. Otherwise, you'll both be killed. This way, if your downed ally is fully killed you will have the opportunity to enact revenge or at least go down fighting. If it's do or die and you only have a few seconds to react, remain calm, count your magazines and take as many as you can down with you. A downed soldier is a dead soldier, so don't get caught while reviving or you all die.

Recruit, Sniper, FNG: Sinon

"There are eight houses to the North along this street. We could go there and set up shop but it's a very popular area. If we pick the wrong house, we could be finished in a quick close range encounter." K specified before we began to travel.

"Good thing you have your Deagle then, right?" I asked, not sure if he factored that in.

"Yes. I can only hope that things don't go South." K held his Deagle tight to comfort himself.

I felt bad. K had forced me to take the better armour earlier so he could ensure my survival, but I worried for his more than mine.

"We should get moving." K began to lead the way.

"Wait, aren't we taking the car?" I wondered, remembering it was still parked in the garage.

"Too loud and too risky. We'll run the circle in." K ordered.

"What if somebody finds it?" I inquired.

"They won't. No one thinks to look in the garage, and this location will be outside the collapse. We'll be long gone before it arrives." K assured me.

The way K said it made me wonder what the collapse was all about. Sure, I knew it was always closing but the idea of what it could be peaked my curiosity. As we stood on the catwalk surrounding the building, K vaulted over the railing and rolled as he landed to reduce his momentum. I simply found a ladder and climbed down it. K led the way and I followed close behind him. The loud rattle of bullets exiting guns was distinct enough for us to hear from where we were.

"Gunfire just over the next hill. Stay frosty." K informed me.

I kept my gun ready and stayed close to K. I came to the conclusion that it was my job to protect K since he had lesser armour than me, though I was sure he could handle himself. As we made ground, we started to find ourselves within some tree cover. The satellite array was rather dusty compared to the grassy green forestry that surrounded it. There was a large hill going down to a main artery road on the Northwest side of the array clear of any trees, but the dense Northeast was where we were going. I could only hope it didn't turn against us. As we continued to cover ground in the light of the sun, I looked to K with curiosity. What's going on in that head of yours?

Predator, Forager, Sharpshooter: K

We sprinted quickly up the vibrant grass hill and made good time. As soon as we approached the top however, we began to see and hear many gunfights happening in the eight buildings we planned on fortifying.

"K..." Sinon wanted to be sure we were both witnessing the same thing.

"Change of plan, we'll get some high ground on the next hill. Then we'll find a way from there." I said, not exactly sure of what to do next.