Combat Ready

Technopath, Sharpshooter, Pilot: K

I clenched my metal fists and took up a fighting stance as the monstrous behemoth stood back to its feet. it turned and it's deathly gaze met my fully mechanized suit of power armour.

"Zade. You have taken the lives of countless innocent and reduced over half the city of Gun Gale to rubble. This I cannot allow. I as the metal defender shall put a stop to you and your treachery once and for all!" K's voice changer projected from his suits speaker systems.

The hiss of steam was released from Z01D's mouth as it looked up to the sky. A metal jaw suddenly unhinged and revealed many razor sharp Blakmetal teeth. From its gaping mandible came a bass-like chuckle. It was simple yet oddly terrifying.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Haaa." Z01D's techno voice laughed.

The black behemoth brought its gaze back down to me and just stared at him longingly.

"Do you really think I'm the only one who controls this machine?" A voice spoke from the robots closed mouth.

It seemed that the mandible was just that. A jaw. Nothing more than a satisfying way to kill for Zade.

"Who else could have masterminded such brutal destruction?" I asked him, still in my ready fighting stance.

"Take a guess." The robot shrugged.

I tilted my head.

"Why hello again, K. Long time no see." A familiar voice spoke in an evil tone from the machine.

I couldn't place it at first but after hearing his chuckle, my jaw fell open.

"Travis!!" I shouted, recognizing his voice.

"Free from my flesh and transcended into metal." The black behemoth opened its mouth slightly and stood with its arms out.

"That... can't be. Travis... you're..." I couldn't finish the words.

"Right before Travis was killed, I convinced him to download his consciousness into the machines mainframe. With his mind free from his blood, we can reshape this game as we see fit. We can make way for a new world order where only the advanced can survive. Improvements to all shall be made, and they will call its ruler: Zade." He spoke in his deep dark bass voice.

"You mean Z01D." Travis commented and the mouth of the machine opened.

"No. I meant Zade." The machines mouth shut again as their voices changed.

I noticed whenever Zade spoke from Z01D, it's mouth would stay shut. However when Travis spoke thru it, the jaw would drop slightly open. I catalogued this information.

"So I'm fighting Travis again, huh? I'm not sure I like that." I admitted, also fearing for their combined skill.

"It matters not now who speaks, only who dies." Zade growled and the robot readied itself.

He started to talk like I would. I didn't like that either. I shifted my weight, leaned forward and engaged my thrusters full blast. In a second I was before the beast as it attempted a swipe for my head. I kicked off the ground and flipped in the air over the giant robot. I landed on the other side and quickly ducked underneath its other arm. This metal suits increased agility made me feel invincible as I backflipped off Z01D's chest.

"That's Zade? Where's Travis then?" I asked of his combat prowess and he lunged at me.

I thrusted up and flipped over the behemoth once more, this time sending a fiery heel into its sensitive back. I pushed off and hovered just above him steadily as he roared.