Loot

Loot is an important part of the game, but you mustn't let it consume you. Some players go hastily for loot before properly scanning their surroundings. They have an uncontrollable impulse to loot everything that they can. These players often die. I dub these players: "Loot fiends." If you ever find yourself in the presence of loot you may not need, check your surroundings thoroughly. You never know who may lurk within the shadows.

Predator, Forager, Sharpshooter: K

We were inside the barn on the second floor where the death bag remained. I saw the window the player had shot Sinon from and below it was his death stash full of loot. I aimed my weapon out the window at the roofs across from us for potential contacts but the coast was definitely clear. I put myself out of view of the window and proceeded to open up the bag. Inside was plenty of loot to go around for both of us.

"Poor soldier. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten." I showed some respect for the lesser player.

After all, his loot may help us win.

"He tried to kill me." Sinon missed the point.

"His death will aid us in our journey to the top. We must show at least some respect for the fallen." I tried to make her understand.

I took his med kits, bandages, bullets, anything I found useful. A few things inside the bag however caught my eye above the rest.

"Level 2 armour." I said out loud to Sinon.

"Level 2?" She asked.

"In this game, there is armour level 1, 2, and 3." I explained.

"I have level 1." Sinon informed me.

"I'll fix up this level 2 and you can take it. I will use your level 1." I instructed.

"What? But you-"

"It isn't up for debate." I stopped her before she started.

I fixed up the level 2 armour and dropped it on the ground directly in front of her. She hesitantly took off her level 1, dropped it and put on the level 2. I grabbed and equipped the level 1 armour as I wanted to ensure her survival over mine. I knew with my experience I could last much longer with lesser loot and I was okay with that. I scanned through the last few items in the bag when something shiny seized my vision. I went to pick it out but it seemed to be rather heavy. I got a better grip and finally pulled it out to see it. My heart was filled with immense nostalgia when I figured out what it was.

"The gods smile upon me this day." I said as I pulled the slide back on a D.50 Desert Eagle.

"Looks like you've got your favourite toy back." Sinon commented.

"Indeed I have." I examined the pistol closely.

Not that I needed to be acquainted with this weapon but I wanted to remind myself that I may not find this pistol again. He didn't seem to have much ammunition on him so I would be limited on bullets.

"We should get moving." I suggested.

"Where to?" Sinon asked.

"The old satellite site." I told her.

"Where is that?" She wondered.

"To the west of our position. It's on a hill. We'll have a vantage point." I opened my map and said as I looked.

"Then let's get a move on." Sinon insisted.

I looked out the window to the Hellcat and inspected all around it. I looked back to Sinon.