A Call To Arms

I opened my garage door and allowed Llenn to crawl underneath first. I lifted it up higher for Sinon then dropped it shut behind me.

"This is where you live?" Llenn looked around confused.

"This is what I call home, yes." I walked thru the false back wall hologram and entered a large room full of computers.

"Woah! You have so much cool tech!" Llenn's eyes lit up as she looked around.

"I told you, I'm the tech guy." I shrugged

"K... your car..." Sinon looked to where my cars are normally displayed and saw a hologram scan of my old Scion FR-S.

"Oh, it's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm sure I could use it's specs for something else." I looked at the hologram too.

It is possible to retrieve that car, I'd simply have to recall it for a fee. I wasn't in the mood for that tho. I would much rather begin anew.

"What's this?" Llenn picked up a small data chip with a pink hologram sphere projecting from it.

"Ah! Don't touch that! It's uhm... a work in progress." I snagged it and put it back where it was.

"So, what exactly are we doing here?" Llenn asked.

"When your hardware is obsolete, you upgrade. That's what we're here to do." I took off my Player1 voice changer and placed it on a workbench.

"Uhm... K? Who's that?" Sinon asked and pointed shyly to a player sitting at the glowing green computer.

"Ah. Llenn, Sinon, I'd like you to meet Toxic. He's like my brother but more antisocial than I am." I grabbed his headphones and took them off his head so he could hear.

"Sup." He spun around in his computer chair.

Sinon innocently waved with Llenn.

"Hey Toxic, I need you to overclock something for me." I began saying and went into my inventory.

"Why can't you do it?" He asked.

"I can tamper with it but we both know that could cause problems. Your overclocking skills outweigh mine." I sent him the item from my inventory to his.

He received the message and accepted it.

"Wait, you're not thinking of-"

"I am. Be a dear and just do it, would you?" I patted him on the shoulder and returned to Sinon.

She held up a finger while she called someone in the game.

"Hello again, Sinon." Nell picked up.

"Hey, I need a favour." Sinon asked.

"What did you have in mind?" He asked.

"A car. An exotic one." Sinon was certain.

"You got it." He hung up immediately.

Sinon closed her menu and looked at me.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. You have nothing to worry about." She blushed and looked away.

"You got me a new car didn't you!!" I was angry that she spent her credits.

"Of course I did! I felt bad about Virus crashing your other one!" Sinon yelled back still blushing.

"That doesn't mean you get to spend all those credits on me! I could have bought it myself!" I refuted.

"Why don't you just be grateful I bought you an exotic?!" She shouted.