Midgard

Thru the land of Midgard we traveled. Rocky cliff sides and rushing waterfalls all around us. The mist blurred the distant mountains as they lined the green valleys and rivers below. Eventually, we came across a small town inhabited by people. Our group walked thru the streets as a collective gaze caught us. They didn't have wings nor any magical presence, so it was safe to assume these were humans. I stopped in the middle of the town and so did my group behind me. I looked around at the people who's vision seemed to be focused on my wings. I wasn't sure what they wanted.

"That sword..." A voice spoke.

I turned and saw a pale short man in a hooded robe.

"Those wings..." He spoke again.

He took off his hood to reveal his short hair and long bearded face.

"I thought you were just a folk tale." He looked me in the eyes.

"I am very much real." I assured him.

"Then you have traveled from Alfheim?" He asked.

"That I have. I seek to stop the Dark Elves from tainting this great realm." I nodded.

"Then you have saved us." He smiled.

"Not yet." I shook my head.

"Tell me, do you believe in magic?" The man inquired.

"I come from a realm where magic is plentiful." I informed him.

"Ahh, then we are in the same boat my friend. Come." He beckoned and led the way.

We followed him until he came to a forge underneath an overhanging roof. He stepped behind a table and looked at our group.

"The blade is dull, is it not?" He tilted his head.

"Perhaps." I took it off my back and looked at it.

"Then I shall sharpen it's edge to that of a razor." The man bowed and took pride in his work.

Seeing this spark within him, I had no reason to turn it down. Even still, this blade is very special to me. I poured my blood, sweat and tears into this sword since day one. I wouldn't let my hard work go to waste. I slammed my sword down on the table and the man jumped.

"I expect an improvement." I looked him the eyes.

"Of course, Warrior. I craft nothing but the best." He bowed his head again and took the sword to the grindstone.

I turned around to face my team who were just as confused as I was.

"I wonder if this place has a bar..." Lizbeth was the first to ask.

"I wouldn't be opposed to visiting one." Sinon chimes in.

"Shouldn't we keep moving?" Leafa asked.

"The walking has drained a lot of our energy. It wouldn't hurt to take a breather." I assured them.

"Besides, it'll be dark soon." Kirito added and looked to the cloudy skies.

We still had a bit of daylight left but Kirito was correct. I looked out to the sun just between the mountain sides. In the middle of the valley hung a beautiful sun sitting softly within the clouds. It reminded me of when I first began Sword Art Online. The landscapes and scenery were utterly breathtaking, but it was all shadowed by its dark intent. Even still, it was stunning.

"Wings of the Raven. They must be soft." I heard a gentle female voice.

I turned to look and she had a shy but kind looking face. Her hair was blonde and she wore an off white dress.