Assembly Required

Each of four doors all slammed as myself, Digital and Liz entered K's car. It was the same grey Evo from that one time back in Vestige. He must have made his own.

"Masks on." K ordered and did his up.

We all followed his lead and activated our respective colour masks.

"Xenon, I took the liberty of creating a neck mounted voice changer for you." K handed back to me.

It was all black and had two round speakers on it. I clipped it around my neck quickly and chuckled.

"You just want a reason to put me in a collar, don't you?" I asked as I activated the higher voice changer.

"You know me all too well." K chuckled thru his own deep voice changer.

Mine sounded like a robotic female with some techno rasp. I hid the collar behind my glowing scarf and K started the car.

"Now then. We go in, we get out. I don't want any collateral damage." He briefed.

"What exactly are we doing, K?" I asked for greater detail.

"Retrieving a crucial piece to our puzzle." K smirked and drove out thru the holo wall.

We followed a route without the use of our maps and ended up right outside a dark garage building. K parked the car out front and gestured to move in. We all slowly got out and K waved his hand to leave the car doors open. We approached as K opened the main front door with no issue. We pushed in until we entered an occupied bedroom. We crowded around it and K nodded for the signal. Liz and I were to grab the legs while the men grab the arms. Digital socked the man in the chest, causing him to awaken with a scream and have him blindfolded. He struggled but we carried him out to the car and tossed him in the trunk. K peeled off and sped home to the hologram wall. Once we were thru, we carried the man out and sat him down in a computer chair. We restrained him to it and K slapped the man awake. Liz and I were shocked to see our good friend Nell in the light. I stepped forward but K held his hand out in front of me.

"Where am I??" Nell asked in the chair.

"Do you wish to have access to infinite knowledge?" K began by asking.

"I already have access to that, I'm a mechanical engineer." Nell sighed.

"I was speaking of technology." K continued.

"Sure, I'm not really well educated in that field." Nell accepted but was more exhausted than anything else.

"If you accept our offer, you will be associating yourself with our gang and it's affiliations." K told him the conditions.

"Gang?" Nell tilted his head.

"Yes. You shall be given a gang name to make sure you're... undercover." K smirked behind his mask."

"Sounds like a clubhouse. I'm in." Nell smiled.

"Well that didn't take much convincing." Liz who wasn't wearing a voice changer spoke and undid his blindfold.

"Wait..." Nell froze as he was exposed to the light.

"Welcome aboard Nell. It's good to have you back." K nodded.

"K!?" Nell was confused.

"We'll explain later." I spoke thru my voice changer and undid his restraints.

"You're a mechanical engineer, right? We need you to assemble something for us." K began.

"What did you have in mind?" Nell stood up and rubbed his wrists but was ready to get right to work.