Deep Desolation

In order to take an outsider into our hideout, I would have to lead them thru a set path with weapon defences all over the place. Into an iron door we went and down a long hall I led the green haired girl. All was fine and dandy until a turret scanned her before I could get in front.

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" An annoying automated voice came on.

I angrily executed a small EMP into the hallway and temporarily fried the turrets and cameras. They would eventually boot themselves back up.

"Still got some kinks to work out." My voice changer was still on.

At the end of the long hallway was a vending machine with no other doors or entry ways.

"We came all this way for a drink?" The girl asked.

"You don't fancy one?" I flipped a coin and caught it, seeing her unimpressed face.

"I guess..." She shrugged and looked at the ground.

I put the coin in but instead of just choosing one drink, I clicked a few buttons in quick succession. The girl looked at me confused as I hit the side of the vending machine twice afterwards.

"You've caught us at a good time. This is a Red Letter Day." I smirked as the vending machine swung open like a door.

Inside I went and she followed suit quickly. On the other side we emerged from another false vending machine that was between two real ones. It closed behind us and we were back in the hideout.

"Long time no see, numbskull." Toxic appeared and I rushed over to him for a bro hug.

"Toxic!" I held out my hand and clapped my palm against his.

When I caught it tho, there was no satisfying slap. I instantly looked and pushed back his hoodies sleeve. Not only did Toxic have his metal arm back but it was reforged out of Blakmetal.

"No way! That arm is gonna be a hundred times stronger than your last one!" I was excited.

"No doubt about it." Toxic smirked then quickly peeked behind me and pulled me closer.

"Who's the new chick?" He whispered.

"I saved her from some cock thistles that tried to take advantage of her." I explained.

"Good. Don't hog her tho. She is my colour after all." Toxic smirked.

I simply chuckled at his humour and patted his shoulder before turning back to the girl. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could, Sinon stepped aggressively out from my bedroom.

"Where the hell did you go??" Sinon demanded an answer.

"Sinon, I-"

"And who the hell is this bitch??" She was fuming.

I didn't want her to take her anger out on the girl. Especially after what she had just been thru.

"Baby, I know you're mad but-"

"Mad?! I'm furious! You left in the middle of the night without saying a word and you come back in the morning with some girl you just met!" Sinon went off.

"Mad or not, this girl was in a bad place when I found her. Just like you, bad men tried to take advantage of her. You could at least show some respect for the good deeds I try to do." I crossed my arms.

"You call letting a random into our secret hideout a good deed??" Sinon was baffled.

"If I recall correctly Sinon, a shockingly similar conversation arose the day I met you and your friends. So just like you told Kirito before, I would appreciate if you keep those feelings to yourself!" I was annoyed.