Blackout

Predator, Forager, Sharpshooter: K

"What's the game called?" Sinon asked me over the phone.

"Vestige. Look for the shooter games." I told her.

"Let's see... T, U, here's V." Sinon went silent for just a moment.

"Found it." She said and I heard her grab the game case.

"Awesome. Get it and head home." I urged.

"Hey, K?" Sinon asked.

"Yes?" I awaited her question.

"Do you think we'll ever meet in real life?" She wondered.

"You're calling the real me aren't you? The time will come when we meet face to face." I assured her.

"It'll be a shock to see your real face." Sinon admitted.

"The same can be said for you." I smiled at the thought.

Tho I never really expressed it, I had always wondered what Sinon looked like in real life. I knew that when I did, I would have some positive clarity.

"Hey, Sinon?" I asked.

"Yeees?" Sinon responded playfully.

"Did you really mean what you said? About me being your boyfriend?" I asked genuinely.

Sinon gasped lightly and kept silent for a second.

"You heard that?" She confirmed.

"I did." I admitted.

More silence followed and I chuckled.

"It's okay. We'll find out soon enough." I was amused.

I placed the game cartridge in the console and laid down for my next dive. For me, this was familiar. I had already mastered the games rules and kept my immense knowledge of combat. Once I was in the main menu, I awaited Sinon's arrival. A beam of light came from above and within it was a curvy female figure. The light dissipated and revealed Sinon's GGO avatar as she approached in the surrounding blackness. The moment was upon us.

"This is it. After this, there will be no turning back. We either die at the hands of another, or we kill everyone that crosses our path." I looked her in the eyes.

"You know it, K. I'm ready." She assured me.

"Trust me when I say this Sinon, this game is going to be the hardest thing you've ever had to face. Nothing can compare." I informed again.

She was well aware of the trouble she was getting into. I could only hope that she was truly ready.

"Are you prepared?" I asked one final time.

"As long as we're together, we can do this." Sinon was determined.

"Indeed. This will be a duos game." I told her.

"What does that mean?" Sinon didn't quite get the terminology.

I planned to show her the ropes.

"Teams of two." I prepared myself mentally for the fights that would ensue.

Sinon nodded and I could tell she was prepared. I took a step towards her and held her cheek for a short moment before we started. She blushed slightly.

"Follow my lead, and don't fall behind." I ordered.

Just then, we were consumed by beams of light and entered the actual game.