DeathGun Resurgence

"Well, what are you gonna do now that Squad Jam is over?" I asked K as we walk thru the streets of GGO.

"I was actually thinking about switching back to the Player1 look." K smirked.

"Really? Then I can't kiss you in front of everyone." I joked.

"Ha! Like you'd do that anyway." K puts his hands on his hips.

"Oh yeah?" I stepped in front of him, grabbed his face and kissed him while standing on my toes.

"Woah. Damn girl, you got confidence now." K said with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I took his hand and we walked together.

"When we first met you were super embarrassed, now you don't have a care in the world." K stated, happy I had grown.

"Yeah. I guess ever since we met irl we've been a lot different, haven't we?" I realized.

"Yes! That's exactly what it is!" K stopped and took my other hand.

"Whenever you talk or joke around with me now, it's like I can hear and see the real you thru your avatar!" K explained from his heart.

"Really? I didn't know that." I was excited by the idea.

"What about me? Can you see me thru my avatar?" He asked and opened his arms.

I looked him up and down when something clicked in my head. I instantly saw what was missing.

"You had Dog-Tags irl." I snapped my fingers.

"Huh? Oh yeah! I guess I didn't think about getting them in the game." K looked down at his empty chest.

"We should go get you some right now!" I encouraged.

"Sure!" He exclaimed and off we went together.

Within minutes, K was wearing Dog-Tags with his name and info inscribed on it. He had a proud look on his face and couldn't stop himself from smiling. I could see he visibly loved it.

"Thank you so much for reminding me of this! You don't know how much it means to me!" K thanked me.

"What? Oh, no. It was nothing, really." I shrugged it off.

"No, seriously! Dog-Tags are a representation of strength to me. A sort of confirmation in identity, to solidify who you are. And to assure yourself that you're not just a soldier, you're a warrior." K had a serious look for a moment.

"Woah take it easy! It's just a necklace, no need to get angry!" I tried to calm him.

He just chuckled and smiled.

"I'm just grateful you brought this to my attention is all. It means a lot more to me than you might think." K assured me.

"Well, you're welcome. I'm always happy to help." I smiled.

"Now then, in return how about I treat you to some drinks?" K offered.

"I'm down to hit up a bar." I walked with him.

"Then a bar we shall go." K said in a funny voice.

We eventually found a nice bar with people inside and a screen to watch some games on. We found ourselves a somewhat secluded boothseat and got some drinks. Everyone's attention was on the jumbo screen.

"So, K. That anger thing you did when you fought Pitohui. That was your rage, wasn't it?" K stopped sipping and put his drink down suddenly when I asked.

He looked at me and paused, then looked away for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"It was nothing. Just a last resort in case something like that happens." K tried to diffuse.