Revival

The turbo hissed and engine growled with each shift of the cars gears. The midnight roads were lit up by my cars headlights. For the time being, Liz, K and I were safe. I knew the hummers were far behind but I kept up my speed.

"Are they gone?" Liz asked, looking in the mirrors and out the back window.

"For now. How close are we?" I wondered, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Not far, just keep along this main road." Liz pointed.

Suddenly a black hummer screeched onto the main road behind us.

"Shit! We're gonna have to lose him first." I shifted up a gear and floored the gas.

I thought that the increase in speed would put some distance between us and the hummer but it didn't. I peeked in the rear view mirror and saw that this particular black hummer had a set of roof lights and a barred front bumper made of steel. It kept up but it wasn't fast enough to make any sort of contact.

"This one looks angry." I noticed.

"I'll give him a run for his money." Liz was feeling confident.

She pressed the button to roll the window completely down and took off her seat belt. She took out her Uzi and sat in the open window. Liz pointed her Uzi and opened fire on the hummer. Most of the bullets didn't even affect the it but Liz didn't let off the trigger. Once she was out of bullets, she took the empty clip out and threw it in a last effort. It bounced off the first Humvee and did nothing as Liz got back into the car to reload.

"Save your bullets. We don't have anything strong enough to pierce it." I told her.

"What do we do then? We can't just let him chase us." Liz was concerned.

"Just leave it to me." I was ready to put my new racing skills to the test.

Suddenly a sound came from the cars speakers signalling someone had entered the call.

"Sinon? it's Nell. This is an outrun race. Your goal is to put as much distance between you and your opponent as possible." Nell spoke seemingly out of nowhere.

"Nell? How did you know we were being tailed?" I asked him.

"I have trackers on my cars in case they get stolen. That Humvee isn't going to let up. You have to beat it with superior speed. Are you ready?" Nell tested me.

I waited and gripped my steering wheel tighter with a smirk.

"Outrun." Nell reminded me and signaled to go.

I flipped a few switches in the center console and pressed the red button that activated the cars NOS. We got a boost and got some distance. I took this opportunity to do something the hummer wouldn't expect. I tapped the breaks, swerved left to a side street and slam on the gas. I execute a near perfect speed drift, causing the hummer to have to slam on their breaks to keep up. I took advantage of the fact that it slowed down by speeding up again. I saw him in my rear view mirror and drifted the next right to break line of sight. I sped down this street for a short while then took another right.

"Take this left and Nell's garage is the next right." Liz guided me.

I did as she instructed and made it to the garage. I slowed down the car and got into the parking lot outside the building. One of the large garage doors opened and Nell stood at the frame gesturing to drive the car inside quickly. I followed his hand movements and parked the car with the others. I shut off the engine and got out to help Liz with K.

"Hey, Sinon." Nell called.

I looked and he beckoned me to come to him. I approached and he crossed his arms lightly.