Temper Tension

Cyan, Expert, Sniper: Sinon

"K!!!" I screamed as an explosion went off on the feed.

Smoke covered the street and the gunfire ceased from the aggressors side. We all awaited for any sign of movement. A spray of bullets suddenly came from the smoke and dusted one enemy player with ease. The enemy squad opened fire on the smoke only to stop and find that they didn't kill anyone.

"Where'd they go!?" One of the members yelled.

Another phantom bullet suddenly came down from above and took out another enemy player.

"Up top!" The squad swapped attention and opened fire but there was no one to be seen.

"Who the hell are these guys!?" The female leader yelled.

That's when the last few remaining squad members were filled to the brim with bullet holes. A dead icon appeared over all of their bodies as K walked up from behind with his smoking rifle.

"Your worst nightmare." K held up his G36C with one hand.

I looked closer and noticed that it was baring a double drum magazine. With the press of K's finger, It dropped and hit the ground with a heavy thud as he whipped out another one. K slid the huge double drum magazine in and slapped it securely into his rifle.

"Stitched em' up! Let's move!" K signalled Hayden who he looked up to on the roof that the enemy players shot at before.

"You got it, boss!" Digital followed above on the buildings edge.

"That was even closer. It's like they don't even care that it's real." I made the observation.

"On the contrary, they both know exactly what's at stake here." Toxic scanned intently at his code ridden screen.

"Well, they sure have a funny way of showing it. That first group wasn't so tough but it's gonna get harder as they go." I crossed my arms watching K and Hayden hoof it thru the city.

"This is K we're talking about." Toxic chimed in.

"He can hold his own. I'm just worried Hayden might get in the way." I put my hand on my hip.

"He already has. In any case, he's the only backup K's got." Toxic assured me.

"Yeah... you're right." I brought my attention more to Hayden.

I noticed him point to something in the distance as he called it out. K nodded and readied his rifle as he ran on the street below Hayden.

"Don't kill my husband..." I spoke under my breath as I watched him.

"What was that?" Toxic finally turned away from his screen to look at me.

"Nothing." I stated and watched the feed intently.

Technopath, Purple, Sharpshooter: K - Player1

"Get up here, K! I spot the centre spire!" Hayden shouted down to me from the roofs edge.

I took a few power steps and leaped up with all of my might. I quickly performed a double jump and caught air, catching up to Hayden as I landed on the rooftops. Surely enough, a centre spire that resembled a space needle was emitting a glowing beam of light being sent straight into the sky. I felt a kind of hope in my heart in this hyper futuristic game of death.

"Good! We'll high tail it to a building close by and dig in near the top!" I felt a kind of happiness as I gave the order to get to safety.

"Agreed! While we're up there we can get in contact with Fu-" An explosion suddenly went off ahead of us and it stopped Hayden and I both in our tracks.