Weapons of Destruction

I awaited at the firing range in the main menu for my squad to appear. I was to teach a new lesson to them today and I was eager to see how they'd react. I leaned against the target range table as three beams of light formed into Sinon, Asuna and Kirito. They all stepped forward and joined me as I stood.

"Welcome back, everyone. I have a new lesson in store for all of you today." I began.

"A new lesson?" Kirito was confused.

"Yes. One that you actually set in motion." I established.

"Me?" Kirito wondered.

He looked to Asuna then back to me.

"Is that bad?" He asked.

"No no, not at all. I believe this will be good for everyone." I explained.

"Well then? What's this new lesson about?" Sinon asked, eager for another supply of knowledge.

"Today's lesson is on Weapons of Destruction." I said simply.

They all went silent for a moment.

"Kirito already found one of them." I told.

"Wait, really?" Kirito asked.

"Yes. Allow me to show you." I turned around and grabbed the first weapon on the table.

I turned back holding a compact bow in one hand and an unsharpened black arrow in the other.

"A bow and arrow!" Sinon shouted excitedly.

"Not just any bow and arrow. This is a compact bow equipped with arrows that explode on contact. Observe." I turned around to the targets downrange and knocked an arrow into the bow.

I kept in mind my form and pulled back the string with a bit of resistance. I took a breath then release the arrow while aiming the bows hunting sight at the target downrange. The arrow hit it's mark on the chest then caused a loud fiery explosion in the distance.

"Woah!" Kirito shouted as the ground slightly shook.

I looked left over my shoulder to Sinon who I knew could utilize this weapon best.

"Lynx, I believe you should go next." I offered her the compact bow and gestured to the explosive arrows on the table.

Sinon gave me a smirk and came forward as she took the bow, picking up an explosive arrow while she aimed.

"Remember, back straight when you draw and release when you ex-"

"K. I'm archer in Alfheim. I know what I'm doing." She kept her smirk as she looked over to me, then back to the targets.

"Alright. Show me how it's done." I watched intently.

Sinon drew back with her elbow up and spine straight, then exhaled and released the arrow along its path. It hit its mark on the targets head then exploded abruptly into fiery smoke.

"Headshot. Nicely done." I encouraged.

"I could get used to this." Sinon looked at the bow in her hands then gently put it back on the table.

"Don't we get a turn?" Asuna asked softly.

What she said and the way she said it really made her seem like a child. Not in a mean way, she just seemed so innocent.

"I have something special in mind for the two of you. As the most revered players in SAO, I do not offer you just any weapon of destruction." I turned and grabbed another armament.