A Feeling of Freedom

Introvert, Gamer, Artist: Shino

Later that day, we decided on what to do. K offered to take me out for a night on the town but I was worried after he got his face scar.

"Come on! It'll be fun, I promise!" K was hyped and ready.

"Okay, if you say so." I smiled as he insisted.

"Perfect!" K took my hand and out the door we went.

I wasn't sure where he was taking me but in a short few minutes, we arrived at a nearby cafe. I looked to the menu and analyzed the options closely. When I did however, I felt an immense feeling of nostalgia as I remembered the menu items from Vestige long ago. I smiled at the memory.

"I'll get a..." I paused and debated.

"Caramel macchiato?" K answered for me.

I looked at him and froze.

"How did you know that's what I wanted?" I was confused.

"My little sniper likes caramel. I remembered." K smiled then looked to me.

I was thrown for a loop but remembered when he said something along those lines. It was back when we were in the cafe at the Train Station.

"Can I get a Caramel macchiato?" I asked him when he was behind the counter.

"My little sniper likes caramel. Noted." K smiled and winked.

I remembered those days vividly. There were highlights and lowlights, as all things should be. When my order was ready, I took the drink and K payed for me. I sipped it happily and we left the cafe, holding hands as we traversed the streets. Again, I was happy to be in K's presence. I missed being with him irl and I know when he'll eventually return home, I'll miss him a lot more. I tried to make the best of my time with him.

"Hey! What if we go to a rave?" K suggested.

"A r-rave?" I thought of all the crowds of people.

"Yeah! A place with rockin music to dance and let loose to!" K shook his shoulders a bit and pretended to twist to a rhythm.

I giggled at his goofy dance.

"Maybe. I don't know if I would be okay in front of that many people." I blushed.

"Come on! I promise you it'll be fun!" K took my hand and rushed me along.

"Alright, K. If you insist." I agreed with a smile.

"Ah! I'm so hyped!" K threw his arms up in excitement.

The sky began to dim as found our way to the concert grounds. It was outside with lights and a crowd in front of a stage. Lights were just starting to turn on when we saw it.

"Come on!" K charged straight in ahead and I tried to follow.

Music began to play as him and I found a spot in the crowd. It didn't pick up immediately but when the beat dropped, K exploded with energy. He jumped and bounced to the beat, forgetting about everything else. As he hopped, he turned around and held my hands. We both jumped around together with the bass heavy beat. K smiled wide and seemed to be having the most fun. Perhaps this was his favourite type of concert. When the beat changed, the lyrics spoke of being free in your body. That's when K turned to me and looked into my eyes as he danced. He was no longer jumping but instead popping and locking all over the place. It threw me off guard and I gasped with delight. I didn't expect him to have moves like that. I bounced around happily with him. We were both free. K threw his fist up and bobbed his whole body. We were having a great time. Everything felt slow for a moment. K's smile was vibrant and his long black hair flowed with every bounce. These were the kinds of memories I'd never forget.