Autonomous Upgrade

Our teamwork was... mediocre at best. We needed something to unify us, to bring us closer together. Perhaps a change in scene was in order. If we wanted to achieve unity, we needed to transcend. We needed to elevate ourselves and improve on every aspect that we possibly could. That's where I came in. When your tech is obsolete, you upgrade and we were in for some serious enhancements. Unfortunately, this would take time. For you, perhaps not as much. A new test had just been initiated and it was time to see what everyone was made of.

Apprentice, Sniper, Wanderer: Sinon

After awhile, Kirito and Asuna left to do some things in the real world. K and I played for a bit longer but eventually, we both had things to do. We didn't play for a couple days but that didn't stop me from talking to K. He texted me about a concept that he was hard at work on but I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that. Later that evening, received a text from him saying to call. I sat on my bed in a big shirt and underwear anxiously staring at my phone screen. The call button was right there but I stared at it and bit my thumbnail. Then, I took a breath and poked the button. It rang and he picked up immediately.

"Hellooo my little sniper." He greeted.

"Hey K." I said a little nervous.

"Everything okay?" K heard my tone of voice.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just get a little nervous when we call." I admitted honestly.

"Oh? Why would that be?" He asked.

"What if you don't like the real me?" I looked down at my bed.

"I ask myself that same question all the time." K told me.

"Really?" I was relieved.

"Oh yeah. One hundred percent. There's so much new technology in the world, you never know who you're really talking to." He spoke the truth.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." I thought about it more deeply.

"But I know the real you. I love the real you." K assured me.

"Heh, thanks K." I felt better about myself.

A few seconds of silence passed as we sat together in the blissful moment.

"So, what were you talking about when you said concept?" I remembered.

"New designs, new ideas. When your technology is obsolete, you upgrade. That's what I'm doing." K got serious and determined for a second.

"What do you mean?" I wondered, being in the proper game mindset.

In my head, I became my GGO avatar.

"Our team needs to be more connected. We need to be properly unified. My mask doesn't help with that." K concluded.

I imagined K as his Player1 avatar standing tall above me.

"You're talking about an avatar redesign?" I asked, intrigued in what he would come up with.

My mind scattered with possibilities.

"I am. I was thinking Kirito and Asuna should do the same." K confirmed.

"What about me?" I was wondering why I was left out.

"You're perfect just the way you are." K flattered me.

"What if I want to change?" I asked him.

"What, like a midnight black?" K referred to the colour of my outfit.

A couple seconds of silence followed. In my head, my outfits colour scheme changed to full black with white highlights. I kept my white scarf to bring the whole thing together and there were even bits of turquoise to match my hair. I looked badass.