War of the Realms

After traveling quickly back thru the lands of Midgard, we found ourselves back at the Bifrost. The keyhole was empty and the gates to Alfheim were closed. We were stuck.

"How do we get home without the key??" Asuna was concerned.

"I don't know..." I braced myself with the metal round table.

"Surely there's another way back." Leafa asked.

"There isn't. Without the key to the Bifrost, there's no way it will operate. The light of Alfheim is required to ignite the Bifrost and return us home." I still tried to think of something.

We were stranded in this new world.

"You mean to tell me we're stuck here forever?!" Kirito yelled.

"I don't know! All I know is, that key is the only thing that can activate the Bifrost! So yes I fear... we may be stuck here forever. ...That is the issue at hand." I thought more deeply about our situation.

The group all stood together, contested by what our particular predicament held. The room was quickly filled with sorrow and silence. All felt hopeless and without light. It seemed we had failed.

"Wait, Daddy! Your sword is made out of a similar crystal to the key!" Athena informed me.

"Yes. We already knew that." I nodded.

"What if your sword could capture light too?" Athena was excited.

"Then... we could have a way home." I realized what she was implying.

"But without Alfheim, how are we going to capture any light?" Asuna wondered.

That's when I recalled something.

"I think I know exactly how we're going to do that." I stood tall and smirked.

"Oh? How?" Sinon asked.

"I will fly to the peak of the high Midgard mountain and raise my sword to the skies. If the gods smile upon me this day, they shall grant me the light we require to return home." I explained.

"And if they don't?" Leafa asked.

I looked at my own hand, feeling power coursing thru my veins.

"They will." I assured.

"Wait, the gods? This isn't some old folk tale that you can bend to your will, K. The gods won't just give you what you want." Kirito tried to shut me down.

"Is that so? Because last time I checked, Asgard is the land of the gods and it rests just above Midgard." I told him.

Kirito was caught off guard by this knowledge.

"Even still, how do you intend to capture light?" Kirito asked.

"I shall beckon the gods and absorb their lightening." I nodded, being certain of this plan.

"And you think that will work?" Sinon seemed to doubt me too.

"The forces of the gods are always present. It's just hard to see." I told her.

"Whatever you say, K." Kirito shrugged and turned away slightly.

Even Asuna and Leafa were rubbing their arms, unsure of what I was saying.

"You do not believe me, do you?" I asked everyone.

The room stayed silent.

"Fine. Athena." I called and she landed on my shoulder.

"Daddy, I-"

"Forget it. They know not of which I speak." I went back for the still open door of Midgard.