The Breach

Once we cleared out the building, we all had armour and weapons now at the ready. Unfortunately for us, our enemies had equipment that they properly utilized.

"So, what do we do now that we're prepped for-"

"Shh!!" K held up his index finger.

Silence filled the room and the sound of a high pitch beeping could suddenly be heard. It was in the pattern of a heartbeat.

"Enemy Sensor on us." K began to run ahead to lead the way.

"What's a Sensor?" Liz asked.

"It means they can see us." K peeked his head back but didn't stop moving forward.

"What do we do?" Asuna asked as we all ran with K, following very close behind him.

"We need to get out of this building and off their Sensors radius. If we can do that, we can retain some element of surprise." K continued to rush forward.

"Sounds like a plan!" Lizbeth smiled and cocked her gun as we all ran.

"Girls with guns. That's what I like to see." K smirked at the thought.

K quickly rushed ahead to a large garage door with a red button to open it. He stood there and we all gathered around.

"We're most likely dealing with another whole quad. If a player goes down, the team isn't dead. The final member will die instantly, remember this." K briefed.

"You got it!" Liz was ecstatic.

"Remember not to let your guard down." Athena reminded us all in our comms.

"Ready? Let's move." K punched the button and the garage door opened.

We rushed out as a group and drew our weapons. K stopped to hold his fist up without speaking and we all froze. He listened for a moment and began to hear movement ahead. K pointed his two fingers to the left around the corner of our massive building. If the enemies were on their way, they would definitely be appearing from right there. K moved up first and we all followed. He found some cover next to us as we all posted up on the corner. We all looked at K who began to peek slightly. Whatever he saw, he ducked back quick and looked at us. K grabbed his skull mask on his neck and put it over his face. He then gave us all a look and nodded, signalling to attack. Goosebumps unintentionally ran up my body when he did that but the time to strike had come. K rushed out first and combat rolled into action. As soon as he fired his weapon, we all popped around the corner and backed him up. I aimed and found two exposed enemy players, one of which K had just downed. I found my target and downed the second player with ease as I let my bullets loose.

"Dammit Sinon! You stole my kill!" Lizbeth dropped her guard and looked at me.

That's when a barrage began to fly in our direction. Lizbeth got hit in the arm and Asuna got hit in her armoured chest but thankfully it wasn't enough to down her.

"Get down!" K demanded and pulled the pin on a grenade.

Lizbeth and Asuna backed off but I stayed behind cover and watched as K held the grenade in his hands for about two seconds, then threw it towards the two downed enemy players. It bounced along the ground and rolled right in between them. This way, they couldn't be revived and it would force the remainder of their team to push out. Just as he threw the grenade however, bullets began to hit him.

"Shit!" K immediately sprinted right around his cover, splitting away from the group to stay alive.

The grenade exploded loudly with some smoke and in my mind, that's when we were to assist.