Mending Matrimony

Cat Sith, Cyan, Sharp: Sinon

I finally logged back into Alfheim and returned to the sight of the kings quarters. The candlelight and fantasy scenery brought out the colours in the room as I made my way outside. I went out and down the stairs but I didn't realize that the others were already waiting together in the town square. I promptly joined them with a smile and they greeted me pleasantly.

"Hey Sinon! It's been awhile since you've been back! I hope you didn't run into any trouble." Kirito was the first to say.

"Yeah! We've missed you lots around here! Kirito took the liberty of fixing up the kingdom, so now Agil and Liz have shops ready for them to open!" Asuna also chimed in.

"There's even a new clock tower!" Leafa pointed up next to the kings quarters and there it stood ticking away.

"Wow... that's amazing, Kirito. I know K is really gonna love this... He's been stuck in GGO for quite some time." I pondered deeply.

"Stuck? What do you mean? What's wrong, Sinon? It seems like something's troubling you." Kirito stepped up.

"Oh, no. It's nothing, really. I'm just happy K is finally safe now." I tried to say.

"Speaking of K, where is he?" Liz asked me.

"You know him." I shrugged.

A rumble came from before us and the wind called for our attention. We all turned and it was K with his black feathered wings wide open.

"Always trying to make an entrance." I smiled.

"Is that...?" A random player asked.

"It's the king! He has finally returned!" The messenger boy yelled.

"The king?" Zuke snapped to attention and stood with his friends just next to us.

K stood up to smile and wave at his subjects, approaching the group as he addressed the crowd. K's eyes eventually met mine and he pointed me out, allowing the others to part ways for him. He walked right up to me and we both stared at each other silently. Hesitation filled the air as K tried to find the right words to exchange. Just as he opened his mouth to begin however, I put a finger over his lips and smiled.

"All that matters right now is that you're safe." I pulled him for a tight hug.

He held me close and I was overwhelmed with a warmth only he could provide. I felt relieved to be finally holding my beloved K again. With everything that's happened, I was worried I wouldn't see him after Squad Jam. In the happiness, I squeezed him tighter not really realizing the pressure I was applying.

"Oxy... gen..." K struggled and I pulled away quickly.

"Right, Sorry." I shyly smiled up at him.

"Safe? Safe from what?" Kirito asked curiously.

K and I both turned to Kirito and inhaled deeply to explain but Zuke seemed to have other plans on his agenda.

"You know, you don't just get to disappear and come back like you didn't abandon your responsibilities! The three of us had to pick up your slack for days on end!" Zuke exclaimed.

"Chill out dude, that's what he hired us for." Cobalt tried to calm him.

"Cobalt's right, Zuke. K assigned us to do this job." Sven tried to be the voice of reason.

"Are you kidding?? He assigned us to be his loyalty knights! Not his damn maids!" Zuke yelled.

"Someone's got their panties in a bunch." A familiar female voice spoke up.