GGO: Cyber Attack

"What's the problem K? We came as fast as we could." Sinon rushed into the hideout with Liz at her side.

"You said it was urgent?" Liz inquired.

"It is." I simply said, standing slowly and approaching a computer desk.

I placed my palms on it in an attempt to calm my breathing but it hardly changed a thing.

"A long forgotten foe has returned unexpectedly." I began seriously.

"Who?" Sinon asked.

"DeathGun again?" Liz wondered.

"Is it Pito?" Sinon figured.

"Did Travis come back to life?" Liz sort of joked.

I simply shook my head solemnly.

"No. This is much greater." I told them.

"I don't like how you're acting, K. What's so bad about this one?" Sinon inquired.

"For that, we would have to go back to the beginning." I spoke.

"Of Gun Gale?" Liz asked.

"No. Of Sword Art Online."

"What??!" They both shouted.

I held up a finger to get them to be patient as I began the story.

"A wise elder told us of a legendary player similar to myself, but his intentions were much darker and much more unyielding. This player wielded a unique red katana which he called Red Ribbon. But it's mobility was... unprecedented. It was said that any who encounter this player should never take their eyes off him. For if they do, they will be dead in a millisecond." I went on.

"When Kirito finally did beat Kayaba, this player died in the heat of battle simultaneously with the game ending. This must have caused some kind of a glitch in the system. Some type of malfunction in the link where his mind no longer controls his physical body. Whatever the case may be, I have a theory that his consciousness was downloaded into the seeds mainframe when Aincrad went dark. Somehow, he was able to manipulate others into building him a new body. Now, wreaking havoc in the streets of Gun Gale is a metal behemoth with intent to kill. We need to put a stop to him." I concluded.

"Who is he?" Sinon wanted to know who we were up against.

"It's not just who he is, Sinon. It's what he is. He's a being of pure hatred and wants only destruction." Toxic stepped up.

"The robot seems to identify itself as Z01D, AKA Zoid." I told them.

"Make no mistake, he's armed to the teeth and mobile as hell." Toxic recalled our encounter with him.

"So who is he??" Sinon asked again.

"He, is the one they call Zade." I revealed.

"Woah, sounds scary." Liz commented.

"Is he really that bad?" Sinon inquired.

"Yes. He once assassinated the leader of the Holy Dragon Alliance, causing feuds within the guild over who was fit to rule." I explained.

"Not only that, but he has also slaughtered countless players and even killed NPC's to amuse himself." Toxic chimed in.

"Okay, so what's the move?" Sinon asked.

"Yeah really, what is the move? Isn't he made of metal?" Liz pointed out.

"We prepared for that but in order to execute, we needed backup." I step to the side and gesture to the false wall that is my bedroom.