Death Jam

Blinding white light overwhelmed my vision as all players were teleported into the game. I felt my heart begin to race uncontrollably. The panic and anxiety set in as I was ported into another carefully constructed game of death. I couldn't control my emotions. Suddenly, I felt ground beneath my feet as the bright light dissipated. I looked down at my feet and hands, realizing that I was really here. There was no going back now.

"K!" Hayden ran up behind me but slowed down when he saw me staring at my hands.

I slowly turned back to look at him. Again, he was his SAO avatar and it reminded me of all that I had lost. My friends, my family... My Sinon. I couldn't take it anymore. My hand drew my Deagle and pressed it against my temple. I tried to end it all.

"K, No!!" Hayden lunged as I pulled the trigger.

The shot rung my ear but Hayden had pointed the gun straight up before I finished the job. I hardly collected myself as Hayden disarmed me and tackled me to the ground. He straddled me and forcefully grabbed my jackets collar.

"Are you out of your god damn mind?!" Digital shook me.

I had no words.

"Pull yourself together! You survived Sword Art Online and attempted murder, for what?! So you can just go and kill yourself now?? After you've come so far?? Are you fucking insane?!?" Hayden shook me.

I leaned my head back and rolled it to look away. My gaze was suddenly captivated by a marvellous sight that I could not look away from. I analyzed closer and started to lift my head up.

"Well?? Answer me!" He shook me some more.

"Hayden." I looked back at him.

"What?" He asked and got up off of me.

Hayden quickly offered his hand and helped me to my feet. I stood next to him and we both turned to take in the scene ahead of us. Before our eyes was a brand new cyber city riddled with bright neon signs and lights. Enormous skyscrapers that reached the heavens with flashing billboards scattered all over them. There were many shorter, smaller buildings directly in front of us as well as complicated backstreets and roads surrounding them.

"Wow..." Hayden was at a loss for words.

It was a stunning sight indeed. I looked closer trying to note crucial details and important landmarks.

"Navigating this city may prove to be difficult." I remarked as I scanned.

"Not with our jump jets! We'll be cruising around in no time. Just as soon as we get the hang of it." Hayden knelt and readied himself but nothing happened.

I was suddenly hit with a realization and turned around to look behind me. No one. I quickly opened the map and saw our dot that ended up being purple. The team name read: 'KH.' On the other side of the map however was a yellow dot that was just labeled the letter F.

"Fuka...?" I was confused.

Did her holding my hand really do something?

"Here goes nothing!!" Hayden sprinted and leaped up into the air.

Instead of a smooth jump however, Hayden immediately started to fall between the buildings to the streets below.

"What the hell!!" He shouted as he plummeted.

I scoffed and got a quick running start. I kicked off the buildings edge and leaped, propelling me forward at great speed thru the air. My altitude began to drop and I reached out my hand. In that instance, my jump jets activated and allowed for a second mid air jump. I latched onto the edge of the next building and hung with one hand as I looked back. I held my off hand low and gripped the building tighter.