Split Apart

Apprentice, Sniper, Wanderer: Sinon

I was alone. My wingsuit deployment was ruined and I ended up diving straight down for a long time. This put me in an odd location with a very tall tower in the middle of it. I had picked up a Famas F1 assault rifle and a mini Uzi SMG. I only hoped I could survive against the possible quads that landed at this location with me. Suddenly, my comms had made a sound to signal that someone was attempting to contact me. I knew it was K so I pressed my earpiece and waited.

"Where are you?" Was the first thing he asked.

"At a tall industrial tower to the Northeast of you." I informed him.

"The Radio Tower. Stay put, we'll come to you." K assured me.

"I'm worried, K." I voiced, not quite sure if I should have let him know.

"Don't be. You're experienced and extremely skilled. You'll survive." K was certain.

I readied my weapons as K got off comms. I needed some kind of trump card in order destroy and kill all soldiers that may be nearby. With my weapons in hand and my pride swallowed, I prepared myself. I made my way to the centre of the location where the tower connected to a large building with stairs and platform levels. I was about halfway to the tower when gunfire started wizzing past me to my right. I ducked left and sprinted to some boxes ahead of me as fast as I could. I heard some footsteps and took a deep breath, then popped up to draw my weapon. I immediately found an enemy figure and fired multiple times into his body with the pull of my trigger. The weapon I wielded was a three round burst rifle with select fire capabilities. It dropped the first enemy quickly with no problems, leaving me to tap him again with another burst to kill him while he was down. Double tap. K taught me that one. Without a second of delay, I sprinted over to the death bag and opened it. Inside was a sniper rifle that I knew I could easily use if only I got up on top of the tower. I tossed my Uzi to the side and grabbed the sniper from the bag. I attached as much as I could in quick succession before running up some stairs to the centre platform at the towers base. On either side of the platform were two small office rooms. Inside the one next to me was a dark figure with his gun drawn at me and I quickly aimed my weapon as we both fired at each other. I strafed left to throw off his aim but he nailed my arm and hurt my HP bad. In a fit of adrenaline, I downed him before he could kill me then vaulted into the broken window. In order not to attract attention, I approached the downed player and bashed the stock of my Famas into the top of his head to finish him off. Without hesitation, I opened his bag of loot and found some useful contents inside. I took meds, level 2 armour, ammo, and a scope for my sniper rifle before healing myself hastily. I ran back out and looked up from beneath the tower, finding a tall ladder leading up to another platform above. Just as I decided to make my way up there, I heard more footsteps nearing behind me. I dropped to one knee and spun to aim my rifle at the incoming enemy player as he stomped up the stairs to reveal himself. I saw his head peek out and I fired two bursts into his head, killing him instantly without issue. It seemed I had wiped a squad that was short one player. I only hoped I was truly alone now. I took a deep calming breath and turned back to the ladder as I looked up to begin the climb. I reached the top of it only to be met with a second ladder leading up higher to the tallest platform on the tower.

"Come on..." I sighed.

I shook my head and climbed the second ladder to the top as quick as I could. Upon reaching it, I analyzed around to see that I had a major vantage point on the land. I swapped weapons to my sniper rifle and posted up as I knelt to lay prone. I racked a bullet in the chamber of my DSR-1 and proceeded to scan the land for hostiles around me. I felt comfortable as I entered to my natural element. There was a long while with no activity until I spotted a quad moving just outside my location. They were trying to use the cover of the trees to their advantage but with my high ground they were still easily visible to me. I, as an expertly trained sniper, took a breath and readied myself for a shot. I pressed my earpiece while I followed the quad with my scope.