part 24 - meeting you after 7 years

"I hate you di!"

Anjali just looked at her younger brother. Was that real her chotte? Saying that he hates her?

"Chotte.." she said slowly, "you hate your Di?"

Arnav turned his back at his whole family and wanted go leave their house but anjali stopped him.

"CHOTTE!"

Khushi turned her head to her, but arnav didn't.

"Arnav ji.." she said softly cupping his face.

Arnav looked at her, she could see tears in his eyes. She hates seeing him like that.

"Don't act like that. Listen to what she wants to say."

Arnav turned his head to his sister who was walking toward them. She stood infront of arnav and started crying.

"Chotte..Nani.." said anjali.

Arnavs eyes got big. Right now he realised that nani wasn't here. Where is she?

"Nani? Where is she?" Asked arnav worried.

Anjali just cried and didn't say a thing.

"ASNWER ME DAMMIT!" Arnav hold anjalis shoulders tight and shook her.

Khushi laid her hands on his shoulder to stop him shaking his sister. Anjali looked at him.

"She's in the hospital."

"What? Why? What happened? Which hospital?" Arnav asked.

"Chotte..since the day we left you nani didn't talk much with us. She was always in her room with laxmi. She only spoke to laxmi and at niggt we could hear her crying. Till one day i saw that she fainted. We took her to the hospital.."

"Come to the point di!" Said arnav angry.

"Arnav.." said khushi softly rubbing his shoulder to calm him down.

"She had a heart attack."

Arnav got shocked hearing that.

"What?" He asked while a tear roll down his cheek.

"Haan..chotte i..i don't know why this happened. She told the doctors that she didn't want to come back. She didn't want to live with us..she wanted her chotte back. She missed you. The doctors said that it'll be better if she would stay in the hospital. They were afraid if it would happen again. And you know that nani is weak."

Anjali hugged arnav tight and cried hard making his shirt wet.

"I'm sorry chotte..i'm so sorry."

Arnav didn't hug her back. He broke the hug and pushed her away a little. Anjali looked at him sadly.

"It's your fault di. All the bad things that happened in our family the last 8 years, happened because of you and your husband."

He took khushis hand and got out of the house. He saw mami playing with ayaan and anjalis daughter.

"AYAAN!" Yelled arnav.

They all looked at him. They all saw that he cried.

"COME WE'RE LEAVING."

Ayaan runned to him with anjalis daughter following him. They both stood infront of them. Arnav looked at anjalis daughter, she just looked like di when she was in her age. Her eyes, her beautiful hair, her nose just everything.

"Are you leaving mama?" Asked the little girl arnav.

Arnav nodded slowly. He kneeled down and gook her hands in his.