part 36 - last night

Akash and nk entered shantivan. The house was beautifully decorated for karwa chauth. Nk told akash that they can't tell what happened, otherwise shyam would attack the whole family again. Payal ran to akash with tears in her eyes.

„Akash? What has happened?" she asked looking at injures on his forehead.

„Payal..it's nothing special. I had a little accident.."

„Kya?" asked payal worried.

„But main theek hoon." said akash slowly.

The whole family was shocked to see akash in that state.

„Akash bitwa? What has happened to you?" asked nani.

„Nothing dadi, i had an accident while i was driving to office. Main theek hoon."

„But..atnav bitwa? Wasn't he with you?" asked nani worried.

Nk looked away and felt bad for not tellingthem what has happened with arnav. The family looked at them with big eyes. Lavanya stood infront of nk.

„What happened nk? Where is Arnav?" asked lavanya.

Nk had tears in his eyes, he looked at her for a second and looked away again faking a smile.

„Kuch nahi..what should happen with him? He is at work, they have a lot to do..that's why we shouldn't bother him."

The whole family knew that he was lying. Nani looked at him with angry eyes.

„Bitwa, look into my eyes and try to say that my chotte is okey. And where is khushi bitiya?"

Nk didn't want to lie but even tellin the truth is hard. Akash looked at them and felt that he has to tell them what happened.

„Dadi.."

The whole family looked at him.

„Voh..bhai and me..we had an accident. Bhai was in a coma..but he woke up today. The doctors are checking his brain if everything is okey.."

„Thank god!" said lavanya.

„But where is arnav bitwa right now?" asked mami.

„He's at the hospital." said nk.

„We should meet him, i can't celebrate karwa chauth knowing that my grand son is in hospital." said nani and wanted to leave the house.

„Nani ji, please. He is comming home tomorrow morning. Promise."

„What? No! I want to see him right now!"

„Sasuma please! It's karwa chauth! And if nk bitwa says that he is okey, then i think we should trust his words."

„kyun? He just lied to me. Said that arnav bitwa went for work abroad." said nani angry looking at nk.

„Nani ji.." said lavanya stepping forward her but nk held her hand. Lavanya looked athim worried but nk just gave her a sign not to talk.

Nani left from there to her room. She closed the door with the key and started crying in her room. Why was this always happening with her chotte?

Payal helped akash to lay down on their bed. Their little princess was crying in her little bed. Payal stood up and checked her.

„Is she okey?"

Payal just nodded.

„Payal?"

Payal looked slowly looked at him with a worried and angry face.

„Payal main theek hoon." said akash.