2.

When I got to Waypointe, my apartment complex, I went to check my mail and made my way upstairs to my apartment. I walk in and was greeted by the smell of pumpkin pie from my air freshener. My phone starts ringing and I look down to see it was Sawyer.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Umm... hello? I want to know about Eric" she said and hearing his name made me smile.

"Well he asked me out!"

"Awh! Where is he taking you? To a fancy dinner by the pier? To the museum? A picnic on campus?"

"To a party... actually" I said and Sawyer was silent on her end. "And to give you more detail, it's one of Naomi's little parties she goes to"

"Umm... okay. Well, maybe that's his way of introducing you to his friends?"

"I guess. Could you come? It's on Thursday"

"Thursday? A party? That's silly" she giggles. "And I would Jo, I promise. But Cody and I are having dinner with his parents" she says. Cody is Sawyer's three year boyfriend. They've been dating since the summer of our senior year. They make a really cute couple and I approve of him. However, it's not fair he gets more time with Sawyer than me.

"Oh! Okay, that's fine. I'll just go with Naomi, it's no big deal. I'm going to go tho, I need to get my beauty rest before class tomorrow" I said.

"Okay. Sorry hun, and night"

"Night" I said getting off the phone. I went to grab a water out the fridge and walk to my bedroom. I plug my phone in the charger, took a shower and called it a night. The next morning, I had already picked out an outfit. It was grey skinny's, an expensive navy green blouse and my brown boots. I put my hair in a high bun and did my make-up. Beauty and fashion was everything to me, if my parents approved of me pursuing a career in it, I would. The ladies and I ended up meeting in front of the library where Sawyer had brought us coffee.

"Thank you Sawyer" I said grabbing my hot coffee and placed it to my lips. Ugh! The taste of vanilla in the morning always seems to do the trick for me.

"What's bad boy doing here on campus?" Naomi says and we look over to see freckle boy Dylan, walking across campus with a book-bag.

"Probably just got done taking advantage of a poor girl" I said and the ladies giggle.

"Oh! There's Cody, I'll see you ladies for lunch at Gigi's" Sawyer said jogging over to Cody. Cody is greeted by a kiss on his cheek by Sawyer and he smiles at her.

"They are so precious" I said taking another sip of my coffee. "Oh hey!" I said looking at Naomi and she was texting on her phone. "Eric invited me to a party on State Street this Thursday, you going?" I ask and Naomi looks at me.

"Are you going?"

"Yea I am. Could you pick me up?"

"You serious Jo?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask and she laughs.

"Fine, yea I'll bring you. However, can you do something for me?"

"What?"

"After lunch, I need to get my breaks fixed for my car. There's a car shop here on campus and I need you to come with me"

"Ugh! Why not just get a new car Naomi?"

"Ummm... if my family had the money. Please Jo" she begs and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever" I said walking away to my first class of the day which was a lecture class about the law and economics of media platforms. This class will teach us the relationship between law and technology and I was intrigued.

After lunch at Gigi's with the girls, Naomi and I drove over to the garage. We park the car and got out and I look around at all then men and a couple of female in blue jumpsuits working on different cars. Music was playing in the background, which you almost couldn't hear because of the tools that were being used on each vehicle.

"Evening ladies, what can I do for you?" an older man said with a grease stain by his name tag.

"Hi, I'm just wanting to get my breaks repaired" Naomi says.

"Alright. Just need you to pull your car upfront to garage six" the old man says walking away.

"Okay" Naomi said walking away leaving me stranded.

"DYLAN! We got breaks!" the old man yells. I look over to see freckle boy coming out of the shop. He exchanges a few words to the man then looks over at me. He was wearing a black shirt, and his blue jumpsuit sleeves were tied around his waist. His arm muscles beamed out of his t-shirt and his white converse were no longer white but splatter with grease. Dylan's hair stayed into place and his eyes meet mine as he approaches me.

"Becky right?" he said.

"It's Josephina" I corrected and he smiles.

"Whatever, where's your car?" he ask.

"It's not my car, it's my friends. I wouldn't dare let you touch my car. I go to a professional" I say and he laughs and shakes his head.

"Right" he says and I walk away from him as I see Naomi pull her car into the garage. She gets outs and walks over to me.

"Hottie O'Brien?" Naomi said staring at Dylan as he passes us to get to her car. I ignore her and watch Dylan at work. His arms tense up when he tries to pull something or screw something in and it wasn't bad to look at. Dylan glances up at me and I hurry to look away. I then look around and Naomi is no longer standing next to me. What the? I look around to see she's flirting with one of the mechanics.

"Of course" I said shaking my head. My phone starts ringing and I look down to see it was my mom calling. "Hello?"

"Josephina, where are you?"

"Hey, I'm with Naomi" I said.

"Doing what?"

"Umm... we're at this car place on campus getting her car fixed. Why what's wrong?"

"Can a mother not check in on her daughter?"

"Yea, I'm fine"

"How was class?"

"Good, it went well. Not much to start on the first day"

"Well...good. Any who, I want to have lunch with you this weekend, okay?"

"Yes"

"Good, I love you. Have a good rest of your day"

"Love you too mom, bye" I said and we get off the phone.

"Jill could you hand me that" I hear Dylan say and I turn around and he was laying on his back pointing to something on the table.

"My name is Josephina!" I say aggravated.

"But you just answered to Jill" he laughs and I stare at him. He sits up and rest his arms on his legs. "Tell me something, have you ever gotten dirty before?"

"What?"

"Have you gotten dirty before? It's a real question"

"Excuse me Mr. Hottie, you don't have a chance with her so just forget it" Naomi says coming to stand by me.

"Don't worry" Dylan said getting up and grabbing a tool on the table and laying back down on the ground. "She's not my type" he winks and goes back under the car.

"Thank God. I'll take that as a compliment" I say and he chuckles under the car.