48.

"Feel like what?"

"You know what I'm talking about"

"So you did miss me?" I ask and he rolls his eyes and grab my hand.

"Let's head in" he says pulling me up the stairs and I smile. When we get inside everyone was focused to the front as the trial had already started. "Cole and everyone are upstairs" I said and he just stares at me. I let go of his hand and look down.

"Good luck Jo" he said and I smile then turn around and hurry up the aisle. I feel my mother and father's eyes on me as I walk pass them and went to go sit down next to Nick. Vivian was up talking to the witness on the stand. Throughout the trial, my heart starts to pump faster. I was getting nervous. The other team was doing much better and I could see the jury siding with them. I turn around when I see Naomi and Sawyer. Naomi waves at me and I smile. I look to see Cole and he smiles at me and I smile back. I didn't see Dylan and I hope he didn't leave.

I look further down in the audience to see Dylan. His black leather jacket and his hair made him stand out. You could tell he didn't belong which made it even better. I stare at Dylan and his eyes walk over to mine.

"Alright, we will take a ten minute recess" the judge says and everyone in the audience start talking and my team got up and we start to head to the back room. I stop when I reach Dylan and sat down next to him.

"This is going horrible" I say shaking my head.

"Josephina... come on. You serious?" Dylan said and I look at him. "Think about that night with Naomi" he adds and I stare at him. Not only is he actually paying attention but he's making me think!

"Oh wow! You are a genius!" I said bending over to kiss him. I hurry to get up and ran back to meet my team.

"Jo, they are going to win. I'm so sorry. I really tried" she shakes her head.

"Vivian, no you're doing a great job. Everyone just think about it. This guy is a freshmen and he wears a pin stating he's in a frat. How does one get a frat pin so fast?"

"He earned it..." Nick said.

"By?"

"Sleeping with the hottest girl in school who was drugged up on ecstasy. Damn Jo, you're genius" Vivian said. We hurry to gather our papers up again and went back out to the court.

By the time the trial ended, we truly try to flip the story and go with raping our client to be in a frat house but the jury wasn't buying it and we lost our case. Although we lost. I wasn't mad. My team and I worked real hard on this case and we did a damn good job.

"Sorry Jo" someone says and Sawyer and everyone follow behind her and I shrug my shoulders.

"It was a good fight" I said.

"Miss. Boyce" someone said and I look over to Mr. Barkley and Eric behind him.

"Hi Mr. Barkley" I said.

"You know... my son had to truly convince me to come see you today. After the little lie you both were holding I didn't want you a part of my team at all" he says and I shake my head. "But seeing what you did today... Josephina, I would be honor to have you be an intern this summer at my law firm" he said and my heart stops.

"Are you serious?" I smile.

"Yes. You did an amazing job and you should have won this case, but a little more yelling and guidance that I can teach you will get you there" he said handing me his card.

"Thank you so much Mr. Barkley" I say and he smiles and turns to walk away. Eric smiles and I mouthed 'thank you' and he follows behind his father. I turn back to my friends and we start to freak out.