43.

Ugh! Time went by too fast today. I grab my purse and turn off the lights in my apartment and met Eric downstairs. He waits by the passenger side and I smile when I see him. Eric was wearing a nice black tux and he looked really nice. A little of me realized why I started to like him but all I can think about is Dylan. When I reach Eric, I could see a bruise on his cheek and remember that Dylan had punched him the other night.

"You look beautiful Jo" he says and I smile.

"Thank you Eric" I said getting into the car. He closes the door and walks to the drivers side and got in.

"Apparently we have lots of people to meet this evening" he says leaving my apartment complex.

"My mom said the same thing" I said giving a sigh.

"So did you go home with that Dylan guy the other night?" he ask and I look at him.

"No, why?"

"Just asking, he's going to get what's coming for him one day" Eric says.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"He's an asshole Jo"

"I mean sometimes..."

"So you like him?" he ask and I shake my head. "Jo... come on answer me"

"I do. And we are dating actually" I said and Eric laughs.

"Funny... I thought we were" Eric says.

"We're pretending to date, remember?" I reassure him and he laughs.

"And what if I told you that I actually wanted to try with you?" he says and I shake my head.

"I would tell you it's too late"

"Come on Jo... you guys aren't really dating. Dylan O'Brien dating? That can't be true"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore with you. Let's go to this stupid dinner and get it over with" I said and he shakes his head. When we pull up to the country club it was packed and I saw a bunch of people heading in. Eric parks then we get out the car and I walk beside him as we enter.

"There they are!" Eric's mom walks up to us. My mom was standing next to her and she smiles at me. "You look beautiful Josephina" she adds.

"Thank you Mrs. Barkley, so do you. Excuse me for one moment" I said going up to my mom. "Hey"

"You look amazing sweetie" my mom said pulling up the front of my dress to cover the top of my breasts. "Now... I'm going to take you around to meet some of the most important people here in this town that you will be working with one day" she smiles and pulls me along to meet her friends. I caught a glimpse of my dad and he smiles at me and I hurry to look away. I lost all respect for my dad. My mom is standing next to me smiling away and my dad is going behind her back cheating on her and I will never forgive him for this.

When it was time for the charity auction to start everyone went to go take their seats. Eric and I sit down at a table sharing it with Cody and Sawyer. I drink the champagne out of my cup and watch as everyone takes their seats.

"This is going to be a long night" Cody said.

"You're telling me" Eric said.

"If I meet one more doctor in this place, I'm going to lose my mind" Sawyer says chugging her champagne.

"I have probably met every government official that works in this town. Like the mayor is here and to be honest this is a lot of pressure they put on us" I said looking up at the front as I see my mom take the stage.

"I want to thank everyone for coming. This charity dinner tonight will be one not to forget. We do amazing things for our community and I cannot wait for our children to take our place" my mom says and everyone claps. "I also would like to congratulate my husband because of a new promotion he received. With this new promotion he is donating over twenty thousand dollars to our fund. He's the world's most hardworking man and I'm so proud of you honey" my mom says and everyone begins to clap and I just think about Dylan. I don't care what my dad has done, or what he's doing. He's cheating on my mom and that's for sure. Ugh! I wish I could be with Dylan. I wonder what he's doing.

Halfway through the charity dinner, all of us were so bored sitting at the table. The food wasn't all that great and Eric was playing games on his phone and I look over to watch him. There were too many speeches and too much money getting thrown around. It was too much.

"WHERE WAS MY INVITE?" someone yells and the whole crowd's attention shifts to the back. My mouth got dry and my heart stops as I see Dylan walk in with his hooligan friends following behind him. Oh no. Dylan holds up a beer and starts laughing. "Fancy, fancy, right boys?" Dylan said and the guys behind him start to laugh and disperse among us.

Please Vote❤️