8.

I place my hand on top of his and he rubs his thumb across the top of my fingers. Dylan walks ahead of me pulling me along. As we reach his car I look back at campus. Am I really ditching class?

"I promise the principal will not come after you" Dylan jokes and I look at him as he holds the door open for me.

"You don't know my mother" I say getting into the car. Dylan closes the door and I set my backpack on the floor and put my seatbelt on. Dylan gets in on the driver's side and starts the car and the music plays in the background. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"To have some fun" he says pulling out of the parking spot. Dylan turns the radio down and I couldn't figure out what song was playing. "So today it's all about being someone you're not, okay?" Dylan said grabbing my bag on the floor and putting it in the back. "So today you're not Jojo the law student, you're Jojo the risk-taker"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you doing this?" I asked and he shrugs his shoulder.

"I like to have fun and you need some fun in your life" he smiles at me. I stare at him and he looks me up and down. "I like your outfit" he said and I look down at my chest and shake my head. "It's not what you normally wear tho" he adds and I hurry to look at him. He knows how I dress?

"What?"

"I'm just saying from the other days I've seen you, this is entirely different"

"I made it so I wanted to wear it"

"Wait, what? You made that?" he asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"Why the hell are you a law student, shouldn't you be a fashion designer or something?"

"My parents want me to be a law student" I said and I hear him groan.

"There goes that parent talk again. Come on, you're Jojo the risk-taker" he says.

"Dylan, why the hell are you being so nice to me? You're an asshole" I said and he laughs.

"Do you want me to be mean to you?"

"No, I just don't get you that's all" I faintly say.

"And you never will, so leave it at that" he says. He turns the music up in his car and leans back as he holds onto the steering wheel with one hand. It took a minute then we pull up to campgrounds and I see people, balloons and attractions. Is he serious? "Leave your phone" he said getting out the car. I look around and shake my head. I put my phone in my book bag in the back.

"You did not bring me to a fair" I said getting out the car. Dylan comes to my side of the car and claps his hand.

"Ready for a day of fun?" he smiles.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, come on" he said holding out his hand. I roll my eyes and place my hand to his once again and he pulls me along. Dylan goes to the ticket booth and purchases a cup of tickets. I look around as I hear the creepy carnival music and the kids laughing. "You hate the fair or something?" he asked.

"Never been" I said looking back at him.

"Oh boy" he laughs and shakes his head. "Then it's only right to start you off with a funnel cake" he says walking away. I follow behind him and we head to a food truck. Dylan exchanges a few words to a guy and they both look over at me. Dylan smirks and the guy heads back into truck. After a few minutes the guy hands Dylan a paper plate and he walks it over to me. "Go for it kid" Dylan says.

"Go for what? Go for the hospital after I eat any of that. Literally this will give you a heart attack" I said staring at the plate. It was cooked bread, with white powder sugar covering the top and drizzled with chocolate syrup. My stomach hurts looking at it.

"You really need to loosen up" Dylan says putting the plate on the table.

"I'm fine" I said and Dylan steps up to me. He puts his right hand on my waist and I stare at him. His touch makes me weak like my body instantly turns to glue. I hear him chuckle and his face goes into a smirk.

"You're getting really hot Jojo"

"What are you talking about?"

"I was just trying to get you to relax but I believe I'm turning you on" he said and I roll my eyes, pushing his hand off of me. He stares at me then looks down at the plate. "Just try it" he says picking up a piece and putting it towards my mouth.

"I can grab my own piece"

"Jojo... come on, we're trying new things" he says and I stare at the loaded sugar and carbs that hung from his hand. I push my hair back and lean forward as Dylan places the treat in my mouth. I hurry to catch it and start to chew. It was actually good and I smile at how ridiculous I was being.

"It's good" I laugh and Dylan stares at me. "What?" he shakes his head and looks down.

"Nothing, let's go" he said picking up the plate and walking away from me. I follow behind him and he picks at the funnel cake. "Aye, let's play" Dylan said coming up to a shooting game. He hands me the plate and hands the guy some tickets. The guy hands Dylan four balls and he starts shooting them. I watch and I found myself eating off the funnel cake as I watch him. Dylan makes one out of four shots and I couldn't stop laughing and he turns to look at me. "Like you can do any better" he says and I roll my eyes. I gave him the funnel cake back and took some tickets giving it to the guy. The guy hands me the balls and I go for it. I ended up making two shots and I start jumping up and down then I turn around and Dylan was looking at me.

"You only made two?" he said.

"So? I still beat you. This is fun. Let's play more games" I said grabbing the funnel cake and walking away. Dylan and I continue to play games and to be honest I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I wasn't thinking about school. I wasn't thinking about my parents or anything. I caught Dylan smiling a few times and when I did he always looked away.

"Be honest" Dylan said as we continue to walk around..

"What?" I said looking around for more games.

"You wore that shirt for me" he says and I glance back at him and laugh.

"No... I didn't" I said continuing to walk around.

"Come on, just admit it" he adds and I turn around to look at him.

"Do you like it?" I ask staring at him and his stupid ass smirk leaves his face. "Am I turning you on?" I joke and he continues to stare at me and I shake my head and continue to walk around. "I'm so hungry but for real food" I said realizing I didn't eat lunch at all.

"Let's go in" Dylan says and I turn around and he was looking into a building with clowns holding hands on the exterior.

"What the hell is it?"

"A fun house?" he said confused.

"I've seen IT, there is nothing fun about clowns" I said and he laughs and I stare at him as he hands our tickets to the ticket guy.

"Come on" he said pulling me in.