36.

I hurry back to my car and my vision becomes blurry as I try to get far away from Dylan. He doesn't like me? After all he's done or said to me and he doesn't like me? I knew this was too good to be true. Ugh! This is what I get. He's mean and he doesn't have money. He doesn't have an education or he doesn't have plans for the future. He's Dylan O'Brien. I knew all of this from the beginning but I still let him in. I hurry to wipe the tears from my eyes as I get into the car. I lock the door because this side of town was so sketchy. I shake my head and start the car and left.

When I arrive back home, I went upstairs to my apartment and hurry to change. I grab all of Dylan's jackets and threw them all on my balcony closing the door shut. I hope it rains! I feel tears starting to come down again and I couldn't believe I was crying over this guy so much. I was crying over a guy I was never dating. A guy who was nothing but rude to me. I erase Dylan from my head and went to take a shower. By the time I got out, I went to go lay down in bed.

I sat in bed hoping to hear a thud sound and knowing that it was Dylan coming to apologize, but I knew that wasn't happening. I shouldn't be heartbroken over Dylan this much. No thinking about Dylan was my motto. It was all about Josephina.

The following days, I didn't see Dylan around campus at all. He basically disappeared. I made sure to not go anywhere near the car shop on campus. I was back to my usual routine and my usual self and I was happy about it. Another person that was happy about it was Eric.

"So if you want, I can come pick you up?" Eric ask as he walks me to the car. I look over at him and he smiles. It's Friday and apparently someone is throwing a party... go figure. However, Eric asked me to go.

"Eric are you going to ask me to do something else other than go to a party?" I ask and he looks at me confused.

"I mean we went to dinner with my parents?" he said and I shake my head.

"Right..."

"Come on Jo... it'll be fun. Also, it's not at that fuck Dylan's place" he says and him bringing up his name made me full of anger.

"What time?" I ask.

"I'll pick you up at eight" he says and I give him a nod. I get into my car and made my way to the country club because I was picking up dinner. Sometimes I feel like Eric could be a good guy but to be honest, he only thinks about himself. I arrive at the country club and walk in and went to the front.

"I will go grab your take-out Jo" the girl at the front said and I smile at her. My phone was ringing and I look down to see it was Sawyer. I wasn't trying to avoid her and all my friends I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. Also, I was so focus on Dylan the pass couple weeks, I needed to get back to my school work. I hear laughing and glance back to see a familiar red hair girl. I couldn't put it together until I saw Dylan walk in behind her. I hurry to turn around to look back to the front. I can't believe Dylan just walked in here... especially with that Darian bitch. Ugh! Keep it together Jo. He didn't see you.

"Oh... hey again" someone says and I look over to see Darien talking to me. I glance over at Dylan and he looks at me.

"Hi..." I said looking back to the front.

"What's good here? I've never been" she says.

"Everything" I said so vague.

"Hey babe" someone says and I feel someone come up behind me wrapping their arms around my waist. Soft lips press against my skin. The person turns me around and I see Eric and he smiles leaning in to kiss me. I was so surprised but humbled at the same time.

"Hey" I smile.

"If you told me you ordered food I would have dropped it off for you"

"It's fine" I smile kissing him again. It's childish to try to make a grown man jealous but it's all I could do and I was thankful Eric showed up when he did.

"And you are?" Darien says and we look over to see her staring at us.

"Eric Barkley, Jo's boyfriend and you are?" Eric ask holding onto me.

"Darien" she says.

"Cool" Eric said looking back at me and I smile at him. "I need to go get clocked in but I can't wait to see you tonight"

"Same" I said and he smiles and leans in to kiss me again and this time pushing his tongue through. Eric looks at me and smile.

"See you later sweets" he smiles and walks away. I wipe the corner of my mouth with my thumb.

"Wow, you move fast" Darien said and I stare at her. She's the one to talk? Are you serious? I hear a snicker and I look at Dylan and he was smirking.

"They aren't really dating" Dylan says and that made me even more mad because he knew the truth.

"Actually we are. We decided to make it official because turns out, Eric likes me" I lie.

"More than himself? I highly doubt it" Dylan laughs and Darien joins in.

"Well I mean I slept with him last night and I don't sleep with anyone so..." I say and Dylan stops laughing and he stares at me.

"You what?" he ask.

"Here you go Jo, everything is just the way you like it" the front desk girl said.

"Thank you" I said grabbing my food and I turn to look at Dylan. "Bye" I say walking away from them. I can't believe I actually said I slept with Eric. It was a lie but damn it felt good. A little part of me thought Dylan looked jealous or even sad and that's exactly the way I want him to look.

Please Vote❤️