Final Chapter

Hi everyone, just would like to say thank you all so much for reading "Caught Up"! You have reached the end of the book and I really hope you all enjoyed it! I made a new trailer which is attached at the top and below! Leave comments, be sure to vote and add this story your reading list!

****

"Art? I didn't know you did art" Mrs. O'Brien said. Dylan looks up at everyone then over to me and I smile at him.

"Wow, that's amazing Dylan" my mom said.

"Where are you going to go?" Mr. O'Brien ask and Dylan laughs and pushes his plate away from him and leans on the table.

"You really want to know?" he ask and everyone got quiet. "I choose Miami, Florida" he says and my heart stops. I never sent in for Miami. "Yea, I got plenty of offers here in Connecticut, in New York, New Jersey, Brooklyn, you name it. However, a couple of weeks ago, this artist came to me who is out in Miami. Told me he loved my work and wants to jump start my career. I'm leaving tonight because I have to be there on time for an important meeting" Dylan says and no one says anything. "But daddio. Do you want to know the real reason why I chose Miami, Florida, hmm?" He ask and a smirk came across Dylan's face. "Because it's twenty hours and fifty minutes away from you and your pathetic of a wife. That's a good 1,380 miles and I couldn't be happier" he says and I stare at him as he stares at his dad. "Well, this has been nice but I think I'll go grab me a burger from somewhere on my way out" Dylan said standing up and walking away. I stare down at my food and no one says anything. I felt my eyes fill up with tears.

He's leaving me? He never told me this. Miami... seriously? I felt everyone's eyes on me and I shake my head.

"Could you all excuse me please?" I said standing up and hurrying upstairs to my old bedroom. I felt tears stream down on my face but I was in such shock. This isn't real. This is just a dream or maybe Dylan's playing a joke on me? He honestly can't be leaving me, we just got back together. Someone knocks on the door and I look up. "Who is it?" I ask.

"Sawyer..." she says and I shake my head. My door opens and I see Sawyer and she stares at me.

"Jo, I am so sorry!" Sawyer says hugging me.

"Florida? Why Florida?" I ask and she stares at me. "Was it me? Is he trying to get away from me?"

"Of course not Jo"

"Well I don't get it Sawyer. He got many offers in New York, why can't he just take New York? What the hell is in Miami that is so fucking important?" We hear a couple of knocks and I look over to see Cody.

"Hey... Jo can you come outside. Dylan wants to talk to you" Cody said. I hurry to wipe my tears. I think it's about time I talk to him.

"Yea, I'll be out in a minute" I said and he shuts the door.

"Jo, you should be happy for Dylan" Sawyer says.

"How do I be happy for him when he's leaving me?"

"But this is what you wanted remembered? You knew he had a bright future and this is his chance. Don't make him seem like he's making a mistake Jo" she says and I stare at her and shake my head. "Come on..." she said grabbing my hand. We leave my bedroom and head downstairs.

"Josephina..." someone said and I turn around to see Mr. O'Brien, "I'm sorry about Dylan..."

"No, it's fine. I'm actually really happy for him" I said trying to fight back my tears.

"It's my fault why Dylan is doing this. Can you tell him... if he needs anything to please let me know?"

"I will" I said smiling at him. I turn around and head outside. I walk down the steps and I see Cole and Dylan were talking by Dylan's car and they both look over at me. I hurry to wipe my tears from my face and walk up to Dylan. Cole passes me and heads back up to the house. I stare at Dylan and stop when I get in front of him. I didn't know who was going to talk first. I bite my lip and look down.

"The week after we broke it off that's when this all happened. I didn't think we would try again after how angry you were at me. I said yes to the guy awhile ago and that's why I didn't want us to have a label. I'm sorry I told you like this" he says and I laugh and shake my head.

"No, it's fine. I'm so happy for you Dylan. I just can't believe you're leaving... tonight. This all happened so fast" I said and he stares at me.

"It'll be pretty selfish if I asked you to come with me, huh?" he says and my heart drops and tears start to fill my eyes.

"I can't Dylan. I have to finish my senior year here" I say and he looks down.

"Yea, I thought you would say that" he says and full tears stream down from my face. I couldn't hold it in.

"I'm sorry, I'm really happy for you, I promise" I said and he puts his hands up and wipes the tears from my face and I close my eyes. I hold his hands on my face and just took it in. The way his touch always made me feel.

"If I wasn't mistaking Miss. Boyce, I think I'm turning you on" Dylan said and I laugh and look at him. "If it makes you feel any better, I really debated about this. To stay here with you or to head out there. I just can't stand it here Jo, this guy is offering me a lot of money to go and after yesterday with Vince it's only best that I leave and I'm sorry"

"No, it's fine Dylan. I get it" I said biting my lip.

"Probably the only person I've said this to but... I love you Josephina" he says and I stare at him. "I mean... you know. I'm not soft or a bitch or anything I just... I care about you and what not" he clears his throat. I would never think those words would ever come out of Dylan O'Brien's mouth. Especially to me. I go in to hug him and he wraps his arms around me.

"I love you too Dylan" I smile and I feel him kiss the top of my head. I look up at him and reach up to kiss him and held it for a good minute and smile.

"No drinking, no dancing on table tops, and no Eric Barkley" he says and I laugh.

"Okay" I said and he kisses me one more time before stepping back. He looks at everyone at the house and smiles.

"It was nice meeting you Dylan!" Sawyer yells and he smiles then looks at me.

"Thank you" Dylan said.

"For?"

"I didn't think I actually needed Josephina Boyce in my life" he says and I smile at his words. "Bye Jojo"

"Bye Dylan" I said and he turns around and walks to his car. I watch him get in and he starts the car up and I felt arms wrap around me and I look to see Sawyer and Naomi. I smile at them as I lean my head on Naomi's shoulder. We watch as the 1960, blue, junk yard car, and the freckle face guy behind the wheel... drive away.

PLEASE VOTE❤️

(Check out the trailer below for Book Number Two)

SECOND BOOK TRAILER