44.

"Dylan..." someone said and I look to see Mr. O'Brien standing up.

"Hey daddio" Dylan laughs chugging his beer.

"You're not right son. I'll take you home" Mr. O'Brien says walking over to Dylan.

"No, I'm fine actually. I just wanted to come to the party THAT MY OWN FATHER DIDN'T INVITE ME TO and funny enough my girl is here too. She didn't bring me as her date tho" Dylan said and he makes eye contact with me. This is not happening. Please let this be a dream. Dylan makes his way to the front and goes up to the microphone. "Look at all you rich people, not a care in the world right?" he says and everyone just stares at him. "Do you guys put on these charity events to make yourself feel better? You sit and dine with the finest. You wear the most expensive shit, and you eat the gross but expensive ass food?" he laughs.

"Dylan..." Mr. O'Brien says.

"But funny story I want to mention. My girl... oh wait do you guys know Josephina Boyce right?" he said pointing to me and I felt everyone's eyes on me and I stare at him. "Okay well... her and that Eric Barkley guy are pretending to date so Jo can get an internship with Mr. Barkley and Eric can get... whatever he's hoping his parents will give him for dating Jo, which is probably money, isn't that funny?" Dylan says laughing and his friends start laughing with him. "But Mr. and Mrs. Boyce, I hate to break it to you but I'm the one your daughter is with. I know... I know... I'm not Prince Charming or Prince Harry but I am Dylan O'Brien and she's mine" he laughs and shakes his head. "However, I do really like your daughter and I can't...stop... thinking about her" he says hitting the microphone to his head. I look over at my parents table and they were staring at me and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I know how much you rich people care about your money so Mr. and Mrs. Boyce, I will like to let you know that I am an O'Brien. My father would gladly give us money anytime and I will be sure to take care of your daughter" he adds. We start to hear chatter and I look around to see people starting to get up and leave.

"Dylan... get off the microphone" Mr. O'Brien said.

"Why?" Dylan says and smirks. Mr. O'Brien takes the microphone from Dylan and Dylan steps back and laughs. He downs his beer and wipes his mouth with his forearm. His eyes look over to mine and I felt so embarrassed.

"Jo, come on. I'm going to get you out of here" Sawyer says standing up. I stand up and Sawyer grabs my hand escorting me out. We get to the lobby and I couldn't help but to start crying. How can Dylan do something like this to me? I told him how important this dinner was. "I'm so sorry Jo" Sawyer said hugging me.

"I can't believe he did that... especially in front of everyone!" I say and she rubs my back.

"He just seems like he's hurt" she says and I look at her.

"You're defending him?"

"No. I just think he wanted to prove to you that he really likes you. He didn't go about it the best way but he's not like us. You know this... and what was he supposed to do Jo? Sit back while the girl he wants to be with pushes him to the back while she exceeds in her future without him?" Sawyer says and I stare at her.

"I didn't push him to the back!"

"Then why continue to do what you do with Eric? Why not ask Dylan to be your date?"

"Sawyer, you know why!"

"Right... it's all about that internship" she says and I stare at her. She's really defending Dylan.

"JOSEPHINA!" someone yells and I look over to see my mom and my dad following her. "Get over here... right now!" she said. I look at Sawyer and bite my lip and walk over to my parents. "What the hell was that?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was going to do that!" I said.

"You... just embarrassed us!"

"I'm sorry!"

"And dating him? You're dating him?"

"Why would you lie to us Jo?" my dad said and I stare at him.

"You're really going to talk about lying... to me?" I said and he looks at me confused.

"Yes! You told us you were dating Eric Barkley! You lied to us!"

"Well apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right dad?" I say.

"What does that mean Josephina?"

"Meaning you're cheating on mom!" I said and the words just spill out. I am so full with anger I cannot contain myself!

Please Vote❤️