14.

When Monday rolls around, I was up super early because I was nervous for the meeting with my professor. What is she going to say? What is going to happen? Will I be able to be on the trial? I grab my book bag and my keys and left my apartment. I made my way downstairs to my car and drove to campus. When I arrive, I hurry to my professor's office where she was reading something at her desk and I knock on the door.

"Hi Professor Garett" I said and she looks up at me.

"Josephina, please have a seat" she says and I put my book bag on the floor and sat in front of her desk. "So what's going on?"

"I'm so sorry I missed your class, it was very irresponsible of me to do that. I got carried away doing something stupid and just know it will never happen again" I said and she smiles at me.

"Who's the boy?" she ask.

"What?"

"The boy who is he?" she ask again and I look at her confused. "Josephina, I was your age once, I know how things are" she says and I shake my head trying not to think about Dylan. "You going to tell me?"

"His name is Dylan. It was really stupid and he's an awful guy"

"He can't be that awful if he got you to skip class with him"

"He doesn't even go here" I said and she laughs and shakes her head.

"I made you first chair Josephina" she said and my eyes start to bulge.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes" she smiles. "You are one of my best students and you're going to make an amazing lawyer one day. I want to see you succeed" she says and I couldn't help to smile.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you so much Professor Garett, I will not let you down" I said.

"You better not" she smiles and leans back in her chair. "You're dismissed" she says and I stand up grabbing my book bag about to leave. "And Josephina..." she adds and I look at her. "It's okay to have some fun while you're young. Just remember that" she mentions. I smile at her and left the office. I cannot wait to tell my parents.

When Wednesday rolls around I was leaving lunch with Sawyer. She was talking about what to get Cody for their anniversary and I was looking around on campus.

"Who are you looking for?" she ask and I looked at her.

"What?"

"Who are you looking for?" she said again and I stare at her.

"No one" I said thinking of Dylan. Why haven't I seen him? Where has he gone? It's a good thing that he's not around but at the same time, I felt like I wouldn't mind having him around. He probably got tired of me being boring and mean to him and now wants nothing to do with me. I shouldn't care but having Dylan around made me feel more... free.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sawyer ask and I look at her.

"I'm fine, leave me alone" I said and she laughs and rolls her eyes.

"Fine. Anyways, so I know he wants a new watch..." Sawyer continues her story. I look over at the direction of the car shop then shake the thought of Dylan from my head and continue to walk. After my last class of the day, I thought it was only right for me to go to my house and talk to my mother.

My parents lived in the typical big house that had more rooms than we needed. My sister and I grew up here and our parents are not planning on moving any time soon. I drive up the drive-way parking my car behind my moms and got out.

"Hi Benny" I said to the gardener as he cuts the bushes next to the front of the house.

"Evening Jo, you get more beautiful every time I see you" he said and I smile.

"Thank you" I laugh.

"Did I mention I have a son?"

"All the time Benny" I laugh reaching the front door. I open it and I hear talking going on in the office. I walk towards the left and my heels click on the ground. I reach my father's office and he was busy working on something and my mom was reading something in the chair in the corner of the room. "Hey" I said and they both look up to acknowledge me.

"Hi honey" my dad says smiling at me and gets up from his desk and walks over to me. He kisses my forehead and looks at me. "How was class?"

"It was good, I have some good news for both of you" I said glancing over at my mom and she was looking over at me. "I'm going to be first chair in the trail!" I said and I saw a big smile come across my mother's face.

"Really? That's amazing sweetie" my dad said clapping his hands.

"I guess all your hard work is finally paying off!" my mom stands up.

"I know" I smile at her.

"Mr. Boyce, your car is here" my dad's assistant said.

"Alright, thank you Michael. I will see you ladies later, congrats Jo, I am proud of you" my dad smiles and walks out the room. I watch him go and he exchanges a few words to Michael and they both disappear from my view.

"Where's he going?" I ask.

"You know your father, taking trips to wherever to provide us with all these amazing things" she said and I bite my lip and turn around. My mom was looking back at her book. My parents had such a strange relationship to me. They didn't show affection towards each other so it was weird. My parents were always busy people but still.

"Oh, well I do want to apologize about the other night mom. About dinner..." I start to say.

"Don't worry about it. Just don't let it happen again. And again... congrats on first chair, I can't wait to see you out there" she said not looking up from her book.

"Right... thanks mom"

"Mhm..." she said and I stare at her. I guess that's all?

"Well, I guess I'll head out, I got homework" I said and my mom doesn't say anything. I shake my head and turn around to leave the house.

"Jo!" someone says and I turn around to see Benny. I smile at him and he hands me a gift.

"What's this?" I ask.

"I knew you were going to get first chair so I wanted to get you something" he said and I smile and unwrap the gift. It was a huge book with a "Devil Wears Prada" logo on it. I look up at Benny. "I know it has nothing to do with being a law student but it has something to do with fashion. I got you this new sketch book and I would love to see some of your designs" he said and I smile at him.

"Thank you so much Benny, this means a lot to me" I said hugging him.

"Of course Jo, you're going to kill it in the courthouse and the industry" he says and I smile at him.

"I'll talk to you later" I said holding the book and walking to my car. I place the sketch book in the passenger side and start to back out of my parents drive-way. Benny waves at me and I wave back and start driving back towards campus. It's crazy how the gardener knows more about me than my own parents.

When I arrive home, I just park my car but didn't get out. I didn't want to go back upstairs to my empty apartment to be alone. I could call Sawyer but it would be our typical stay in, do homework and quiz each other over future test that were coming up. I did enjoy that especially when we had wine but I didn't want to do that tonight. There was no Naomi in my life and I felt like the last person I had was... Kinks.

I decided maybe Ishould go see Kinks. I mean he is my dog, I was the only one who basicallysaved him. Dylan helped a little and to be honest Dylan shouldn't have theright to keep Kinks. It should be my dog. I start my car and decide to drive toa place I never thought I would go back to.    

Please Vote❤️