3.

After Naomi got her breaks fixed she drove me to the other side of campus for my journalism class, then I ended the day with an extra government course I decided to take. On my way home, I had to stop at the grocery store and get a few things. When I got back to my apartment, it was quiet and cold. I put away the groceries and made myself dinner. For the past three years, I do the same thing. While Sawyer hangs out with Cody and Naomi's hanging out with whatever or whoever she wants doing God knows what. Sometimes I get bored but it's called a routine for a reason. After I was done with dinner, I shower, and called it a night.

The following morning, I was up early and I had a good amount of time before I go to class so I wanted to get a run in. I went to change into some running shorts and a tank-top. I threw on my running shoes and put my hair in a ponytail. I plug my earphones into my phone and grab my fanny pack. After locking my door I put my keys and my phone in my fanny then I play a Justin Timberlake song. I head outside and decided to do a 15 mile run around my neighborhood. Ten minutes into my run, I was ready to go back home and climb into bed, what was I thinking? I was waiting to cross the street and traffic was crazy.

It's Tuesday morning what is causing the delay? My crosswalk started to clear out as the light was turning yellow and that's when I see it. I was staring at a hurt dog laying in the street and literally no one was doing anything! I obviously couldn't just let it lay there. I jog over to the poor dog crying out in pain.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" someone yells at me. I squat down next to the crying dog. Cars were beeping at me to get out of the road and I just stare at the dog staring at me whimpering. It was a beautiful grey and brown husky and his left leg looked hurt. How is it humanly possible for people to be so low to let this poor dog suffer?

"Are you fucking serious?" someone said squatting down next to me and I look over to see freckle face Dylan.

"He's hurt and no one is helping him!" I said.

"GET YOUR GIRL AND GET OFF THE STREET" someone yells.

"Screw you!" Dylan yells back. I look back down at the dog. "Move" Dylan says to me picking the dog up. Dylan carries the dog back to the blue, 1960's junk car that was stopped at a now green light. I follow behind and Dylan puts the dog in the back seat. I jump in the back seat and Dylan looks at me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you"

"No... You're not. Get out my car"

"No. I'm coming with you. I'm the one who saved this dog" I said closing the door. Cars continue to beep at Dylan and I look at him and he stares at me. He shakes his head slamming the door shut and jumps into the drivers seat. He puts the car in drive and we start to make our way down the street. I rub the dogs head, and faintly in the background music plays and I wasn't sure what genre it was. Dylan was quiet the entire way and all I could listen to was the dog whimpering. When we arrive to the vet's office, Dylan and I get out the car. Dylan grabs the poor dog and carries him into the office and I follow behind.

"Can we get some help!" he shouts. A lady from around the corner came running in.

"What happened?" she said staring at the dog.

"Isn't that your fuckin job to figure out?" Dylan says angry.

"Can I get a bed!" the lady yell. Two men rushed in with a gurney and Dylan lays the dog on it.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask.

"We will see what the problem is and I'll report back to you" the lady said following the men taking the dog away.

"Don't be such a girl about it" Dylan said and I look over at him.

"Excuse me?" I said and Dylan smirks.

"Are you going to cry?" he laughs and went to sit down.

"Why are you such an asshole?"

"You should call someone to come get you because I sure as hell will not be taking you home"

"I don't need you to take me home" I said sitting down. Dylan gets up and moves about three chairs down from me. What the hell was his problem? I try smelling myself to see if it was my odor. I then roll my eyes and cross my legs and we waited for someone to come back out and talk to us about the dog we just rescued. I look through my phone hoping I had someone to call to come and get me. My parents were both at a tennis match so they have no phone. Sawyer went back home and it would take forever for her to come and get me. I decided to text Naomi 'SOS'. The doors open from the back and I look up to the women upfront coming towards us. Dylan and I both stand up and she smiles at us.

"His leg is broken and we're going to have to perform surgery on him" she said and I took a deep breath. "May I get some contact information and I'll be sure to call you" the lady says walking to the front and we follow. Dylan turns around and looks at me.

"Go home" he said.

"What? No"

"Marissa..." he says.

"It's Josephina" I corrected him once again and he shrugs.

"Like I give a fuck" he says and I stare at him. How can someone be so rude, I'm confused. "I'll take care of the dog and call you when it's time to pick him up"

"I don't trust you" I said and he smirks and rubs his chin.

"I'll ask Jenson for your contact info and be sure to give you a call when I pick the dog up, okay?" he said. I stare at him and shake my head. I glance at the back door then turn to look at Dylan again. I shake my head and went to the front door. I walk out of the vet's office and look around. I wasn't that far from my house, Naomi hasn't answered and I did want to do 15 miles. This is more like 18 miles but I don't mind. I put my earphones back in my ear and glance back inside. Dylan and the lady were still talking at the front. Dylan looks over at me and I turn around and made my way home.