38.

When I wake up the next morning, my head was throbbing. I roll out of bed and look on my night stand to see pills and water. I throw the pills back and down the water. I walk to my bathroom and left the light off as I got into the shower. Ugh! Last night was so wild. It was shitty but a fun feeling. I change into a pair of leggings and my tank-top. I finish wiping off the remainder of make-up on my face and put my hair back in a pony-tail. I open my bedroom door and start to walk towards the kitchen when I see Dylan sitting up on my couch.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask and Dylan looks over at me.

"Forgot who brought you home last night?" he said and I stare at him and shake my head. Did he stay the night...?

"Dylan... get out" I say.

"Can we talk?"

"No"

"Please" he says and I stare at him. He points to the couch indicating me to sit down. I shake my head and sit across from him.

"What" I say and he stares at me.

"I'm adopted" he said and those were the last words I would ever think to come out of his mouth. My face softens and I stare at him. "It's complicated"

"Tell me" I said intrigued. He stares at me and shakes his head.

"I don't like to talk about it" he starts and I see his jaw clench. "My mom died when I was little, and it was just my dad and I. He wasn't doing so well and things were rough. My dad couldn't take care of himself so... he couldn't take care of me. He gave me up and I spent my whole life traveling to different foster homes. All that time while I was living in foster places, my dad started to roll into money. When money starts rolling in, women start coming. My dad built a whole new family, a whole new life without me." He laughs and shakes his head. "My senior year, my dad came to my high school graduation. He sat me down after I got my diploma and told me everything... why he did what he did" Dylan said staring at me and I stare back at him.

"Dylan..."

"But you know, spending my whole life without a father who was alive and doing well for himself really fucked me up. My dad wanted to be a part of my life again, can you believe that? I could of simply said fuck you, you know? I was an adult and I didn't need him anymore but this guy was loaded. So I wanted to take advantage of that... I told him the only way I will forgive you. The only way for you to make it right and to pay me back for all those years of being alone was to give me money anytime I wanted it" Dylan said and he shakes his head. "My dad basically pays me like child support every month" he laughs. "That woman, that gold-digger that he married already had her son Jenson with another guy. However, my dad and her had Dave and Lucy together. They act like they are the perfect family and I can't relate. I never grew up the way they did. So yes, I'm an asshole Josephina. I figured being an asshole is the best way because people won't walk over you"

"Dylan I am so sorry"

"I don't want your sympathy Jo" he says staring at me. "You wanted to know about me, now you know" I bite my lip and push loose hair out of my face.

"Dylan. I like you... a lot. I understand you better and that's all I've asked"

"But that's the thing, I don't like this feeling you're giving me" he said looking at me. "Jo, I don't like thinking about you all the time. I don't like worrying what you're doing when you aren't with me. I don't like that I'm so caught up in being with you all the time. I don't like that you're making me go so fuckin crazy. I don't want to be like this. I like how I am. I like that I'm an asshole, I like that I can get any female I want. I like that I'm not in college and I don't have a care in the word. And the most important thing... I don't like that I'm falling for you"