4.

Thursday rolls around and Dylan has told me nothing about the dog. No call, no text, nothing. I just figured the hospital probably still has the poor dog and helping him get better. I already started to get busy with school and spent my time living in the library this week. After meeting with a group of law students at Starbucks, I was on my way home and the only thing I could think about was Eric. I was actually going to a college party tonight that Eric invited me to.

When I arrive home, I immediately decided to eat dinner because I highly doubt they will have food at the party. It's probably just liquor and shots or what not. After my shower, I went to my closet to figure out what I was going to wear. I had to wear something that would obviously make me stand out more than I already do. Last month I sewed this dark blue top that hung pretty low in the front. My parents wouldn't approve of the shirt so I never wore it but I think this party was the best place to show it off. I decided to go with that with some jeans and black boot heels. After my make-up and slicking my hair back in a high pony my phone starts to ring. I look down to see it was my mom.

"Hey mom" I answer.

"Hi honey, I'm sorry to interrupt your studying I just wanted to plan dinner with you tomorrow instead of lunch. I had to switch because your father has an important meeting, but I knew you wouldn't mind"

"Tomorrow for dinner, okay, that's fine"

"Good. So how are you and Eric?" she asked. My phone dings and I look to see it was Naomi and she said she was here.

"Really good actually, he asked me out"

"He did? How generous. When?"

"Tonight"

"Where?"

"There's this party..." I start to say.

"A party?" she interrupted. "He invited you to a party? On a Thursday night? A school night? How silly"

"Mom, it's just a back to school party and this would really help me in the long run with his father" I said. My parents are very fawn over Eric. They like him because of his academic goals, I like him because of his appearance. It's a win win. Eric's dad however, is one of the top lawyer's here in Connecticut. As a law student, my parents believe if I get close to Eric, I get close to his father. If I get close to his father, I will get an internship at his law firm this summer.

"I suppose it'll be fine" she says.

"Great, I will call you later. Bye"

"Bye Jo and please be safe"

"I will, bye" I said and we got off the phone. I then lock my door, took the elevator down to the lobby and met Naomi out in the front. I get into the passenger side and Naomi starts the car and we drive down the street. "Who's party is it?"

"You know... I've been to this place like three times and I still have no clue who lives there" Naomi said laughing. "I guess I get way too fucked up to care" she adds and I look out the window. When we arrive to the party, there were a lot of cars parked up and down the street. We had to make our way all the way down the street to park. Naomi and I both get out the car and I straightened my outfit. "Jo, can you not be so uptight while we're here?"

"What? I'm not uptight!" I said defensive.

"Yes you are. I love the way you are but others don't see how amazing you are like I do" she says.

"Whatever Naomi" I roll my eyes and we make our way to the apartment complex. While we take the stairs up, I can already hear the music. As people pass us I can smell the stench of alcohol and drugs. We get upstairs to the apartment and the door is wide open. Naomi and I walk in and the party is full of drunken college students. The apartment looked pretty spacious and the furniture actually looked decent.

"Look! There's Eric" Naomi said and I follow her finger to see her pointing at a drunken Eric. His button up shirt was wide open and he was chugging a beer down as his friends cheered him on. Wow, something about this, really turned me off.

"Gross..." I said and Naomi looks at me.

"Don't judge anyone tonight Jo. Everyone is here to have a good time, got it?" she said walking away to the kitchen. I look around at the people making out and basically having sex in the middle of the party.

"Hey! You made it" Eric said coming up to me. His breath smelled like alcohol and his hair was pretty messy.

"Yea, I guess I did" I smile.

"Would you like a drink?" he asked pointing to the kitchen. I wanted to say no but I guess that would seem uptight in Naomi's handbook.

"Yea, that'll be nice" I said. Eric walks in front of me and I follow him to the kitchen. There were tons of people drinking away. I look by the fridge and Naomi was already hugged up on a guy drinking a beer.

"What are you drinking?" he asked me.

"Umm, I'm not sure. Surprise me?" I say and he smiles.

"I will" he answers then turns around and starts to make a drink. People were screaming and I look around at the humans acting like wild animals. Why the hell am I here? "Here"

"What is it?"

"Just a bunch of liquor mixed together. Don't worry I added some orange juice" he says and I take the cup. I put the rim of the cup to my lips and took a sip. A fire surrounds my mouth and pours down my throat and I hurry to move the cup from my mouth and Eric laughs. "Strong right?"

"That's so disgusting" I said putting the cup on the counter and he looks at me. "Disgustingly good is what I meant" and his face comes to a smile.

"Yea" he laughs picking up the cup and throwing it back. He yells after he swallows it and I smile at him. He throws the cup on the ground and I look over at Naomi. She smiles at me putting her thumbs up and I send a fake smile her way. "Come on" Eric said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the living room. When he emerges into the group huddle together they all scream and start to jump around. Why must one act like this? I thought he was going to introduce me to his friends, but I guess not. I mean, it wouldn't matter anyway because they are too drunk to remember. I look over at a couch and a couple was making out on it. I roll my eyes and went to stand by the window.

"Not having fun?" someone says and I look over to see a guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes looking at me. He wore a white t-shirt and dark jeans and he smiles at me.

"Umm... it's alright"

"Damn, just alright? I try to throw the best parties for these college kids" he said scanning the crowd.

"This is your place?" I asked.

"Me and my roomie, yes"

"Oh" I said and he laughs.

"I didn't get your name"

"Josephina"

"Nice to meet you Josephina, my name is Cole" he says and I smile then look away. "Hey... have fun. You're too beautiful to stand over here by yourself" he winks then walks away. I watch him disappear behind a corner and I start to hear yelling again. I look back over at Eric and his friends and they were chugging more beers. I roll my eyes and sat down on a chair by the window.

Forty-five minutes into the party, and it was still in full swing. I was still sitting in a chair and I shake my head. This is ridiculous, why am I here? I get up and start to walk around the apartment when I come down a hallway. I come across a do not enter door and that sparked my interest. But then I realize it's probably a bedroom which foul play is happening in.

"IS THAT THE BATHROOM?" someone yells and I look over and this guy grabs the door knob and opens the door. He flips the switch and it was no bathroom. "SHIT!" he yells turning off the light and running down the hall. I look around then back at the now cracked door.

I open it more and it was super dark in the room. The smell of paint and old crayons carry through the air. I hurry to shut the door and turned the light on to see paintings covering the wall. There was a big sheet laid on the ground and paint buckets spread out. I look at each painting that plastered the wall. They all were so... beautiful. Whoever has these must have a real passion for art. I start to look around and stare at each painting closely when I hear the knob wiggle. Another drunken person looking for the bathroom. I hurry to turn around when I see the last person I would think about to enter this room.