Clouds and Committment

Noah had been adopted.

Phil was not keen on checking his email while on their honeymoon, but for the communication between himself and the adoption agency.

Hearts United was an English adoption agency that worked directly with the Cornwall Home for Neko Boys. Phil made his first inquiry on the train ride home from Bude.

Dan was just as interested in the communication, though they decided that it would be easier to do it as a couple. Phil was happy to be the contact person, sharing every bit of news with his husband.

Dan was happy that Noah had found his forever home. He secretly hoped that he would become a Lester, though he realized that the process would have kept the sweet boy waiting far too long.

There would be other children. Dan knew, as did Phil, that their child would come to them in due time. Whether he was already existing or yet to be born, they did not know.

"How long do you think it could take Phil?" Dan lay on his back atop the longest bench, his long legs dangling over the side.

"It's hard to say Darling." Phil fiddled with the metal loop containing the right oar. The sea was calm and clear. They had taken a small rowboat out for the afternoon. It was incredibly romantic, particularly with the picnic lunch. Phil made sandwiches and salad, and Dan mixed cocktails and baked brownies.

They were on their way back to the villa, currently bobbing around in the middle of the cove. Dan admired the way that Phil had rowed them around; he especially liked the way that his daddy's arms tightened and released with every stroke. Dan was completely in love with him.

"I mean, do you think that it will take longer because I'm a Neko?" Dan looked out at the water behind them. The breeze ruffled his curls.

"I don't think so Sweetheart." Phil didn't want Dan to blame himself if the adoption process moved slowly. The fact was that it was a long process for any couple. If anything, Phil wondered if their application would be pushed though more quickly because of their involvement with the home. He didn't think it was exactly fair, of course, but it had crossed his mind.

Dan looked beautiful with his long, tanned limbs stretched out across the boat, the warm sun penetrating his skin. He looked so smooth, and Phil just wanted to touch him.

"You're so beautiful Dan." Phil suddenly announced.

Dan laughed, nearly rocking the boat. "Thanks Daddy." He couldn't control his giggles. It was unexpected at that moment, but not at all unwelcome.

"It's true." Phil carefully moved closer to Dan, taking note of the weight distribution in the boat. "I like to remind you often you know."

Dan smiled. He had learned to take a compliment over the years. Once an insecure, frightened Neko boy, Dan had truly become a secure and confident Neko man.

"You're beautiful Daddy." Dan reached forward and cupped Phil's cheek. "I still remember the first time I saw your face."

"Mmm. Tell me again Baby. I love your story." Phil dipped his torso down toward Dan and kissed his bare chest.

"I thought you were the most beautiful creature in the world, in addition to being an actual angel of course." Dan closed his eyes as if to remember more clearly. "The first thing I noticed was the color of your eyes. They pierced me; but they soothed me too. They were like liquid pools of light." Dan smiled. "And then there was your kind smile. I knew instantly that you could be trusted with my life."

Phil sighed. He loved to hear about how Dan trusted him from the beginning. The truth was that Phil had taken a chance too. Sure, the fragile Neko boy was badly hurt and traumatized, but how was Phil to know that he was completely harmless? The boy could have been a con artist. Of course Phil knew that this was not at all the case, but anyone else may have hesitated bringing a dirty, inured, Neko boy into their home - even if just for one night. Phil knew instinctively that he could trust Dan.