Little Things

"I really like the white one. It's so sleek and modern looking." Dan snuggled up to Phil, his face pressed up against his bicep. He could feel the muscle tighten every time Phil clicked the mouse, scrolling through pages of baby furniture.

"I do too! It really goes with everything we have going on in the rest of our place doesn't it Love?"

"Yes, and it's beautiful! So, are we doing this?" Dan tugged on Phil's sleeve excitedly. Phil laughed.

"If you want to." Phil winked and added the crib to their cart, which already contained white bedding and two cloth diapering kits with tail modifications.

"That's the one Phil." Dan smiled broadly. "And it converts to a toddler bed and then a twin, yes?"

"It does." Phil nodded. "We just bought a crib Dan." He giggled and bumped into his husband playfully before kissing him softly on the top of his head, right between two perky little ears.

"Is this really happening?" Dan stared at the screen. "We are so lucky Phil. And our son is so lucky to have you as his papa."

Phil hummed sweetly and cuddled Dan to his chest. "Thank you Sweetheart. You know, I think about how incredible you will be as a dad all the time. You're so sweet, and compassionate, and understanding." Dan blushed at his words. He tucked his head into Phil's armpit and giggled. "And you are so much fun; you're up for anything."

It was true. Dan was exceptionally adaptable. He enjoyed almost every activity and could make conversation with anyone.

As a couple, they were fully capable of caring for another person. They were curious and child-like when learning or playing, and it would most certainly serve them well
as parents. They would have the energy to keep up with a little one.

Phil was an excellent teacher. Dan knew this from experience. He let others lead, standing by as a guide. He believed that curiosity was a natural behavior to be encouraged. Dan smiled when he thought about all of the things that Phil taught him to do for himself just by believing in his ability to learn.

"Hey Phil, can we look at the wraps too?" Dan hugged himself tightly and swayed to mimic baby wearing. Phil nearly pounced on him; he was so adorable.

"Absolutely! You know, we should probably take a class or something. Apparently there are different wrapping techniques. It a whole thing." Phil's eyes lit up as he spoke.

"Really?" Dan giggled. Classes on wrapping a baby? "Can't we just watch some YouTube videos?"

Phil opened another tab and sure enough, there were a plethora of baby-wearing videos. "Dan," Phil smiled, "there are even groups for attachment parenting."

"I don't know what you call the kind of parents we're going to be." Dan laughed. "I've been reading about all of these parenting methods. It kind of feels like people make it more complicated that it should be, you know?"

Phil understood, and he agreed. "Yeah, what do you call it when you trust the child and encourage him? And you tend to him and make him comfortable?"

Dan shrugged his shoulders. "And how about not letting him wail alone in his room? That breaks my heart Phil. I can't do it."

"Definitely not." Phil pulled Dan in and kissed his forehead.
A curl got pinned between his skin and Phil's lips. "We won't let him cry himself to sleep or sit in a wet nappy. There is no such thing as spoiling a baby." Dan snuggled closer and purred into his husband's chest.

There were too many baby wraps from which to choose. They bought two: a cold-weather fleece and a brushed cotton material. Phil had to have the fox print, and Dan decided that he liked the galaxy wrap best.