"I Promise"

Dan's lips fit perfectly between his. No matter how they twisted their bodies, coiling and emerging, their lips aligned.

They had gotten to the point, fortunately or unfortunately, that not all kisses led them back to the bedroom. Dan decided that it was nice to be able to kiss his husband this way. Phil couldn't decide if he liked it or not. Sure, it was sometimes inconvenient to go in for a gentle kiss that would turn passionate and result in forty-five minutes of intense lovemaking, making them late or altogether absent for an event, though Phil never complained. They quite liked their way, though it was a relief to be able to share a little affection and take care of their other responsibilities.

"I could kiss you all day Dan." Phil mumbled into his neck.

"Okay." Dan giggled lazily, rolling into Phil.

"Dan, you are supposed to help me stop, remember?" Phil laughed but continued to nuzzle the long line of Dan's collarbone. "We have to pack."

"Kisses are better than packing Daddy." Dan gasped as Phil placed a particularly delicious line of kisses along his jawline.

"Mmmmph." Phil brushed his lips against Dan's cheek. "Why do you have to taste so good Baby?"

Dan laughed, and Phil pushed in further, Dan's curls tickling his nose.

"How about we come back to this after we finishing packing?" Dan turned to Phil, though he made no real effort to move.

Phil had been wondering about something. Would they continue to openly express their affection like this with a child in the room?

"Dan, are we going to kiss in front of our son?" Phil loved that they never missed an opportunity to show their love for one another. It had been part of them from the very beginning.

"I sure hope so." Dan pulled Phil back in to him for another. They smiled against each other, their teeth nearly colliding.

"Really Dan? Are you okay with that?" Phil pulled back just far enough to see his face. Dan's lips were pink and swollen with his kisses.

"Yes, absolutely. I think our son should see the way that we love each other Phil." Phil smiled. He felt exactly the same way. His parents had not been shy about sharing hugs and kisses and cuddles, and it always made Phil feel secure. "I mean, within reason of course." Dan giggled. "You can't kiss my neck like that Phil, or we will have to excuse ourselves and our poor child will be left on his own!"

Phil laughed. Of course they would keep their heavier sessions to the bedroom or to when their son slept. "I don't ever want to lose what we have. I guess I'm a little bit scared that we will lose us."

Dan noticed that Phil looked genuinely concerned and was trying to find confirmation in his playful way.

"Never Daddy. Never ever." Dan promised as he ran his fingers through Phil's silky hair. "We will always be us, and we will always have time for each other. You and I...we're already a family, and I love us this way."

Phil needed to hear the words, and frankly, Dan needed to say them.

The truth was that they each thought about protecting their very special relationship. Dan's eyes were beginning to leak. He knew that children sometimes changed things. There would be another person to consider. There would be mess, and chaos, and sleepless nights.

"Promise me Phil. Promise me that we will never let anything come between us - not lack of sleep, or a lounge floor
covered in lego bricks, or a sink full of baby bottles." Phil held Dan's face And kissed the salty tears that started to
roll down his cheeks, catching them on his lips before they could fall.