An Endless Supply of Love

He was absolutely perfect.

They stood as a family for the first time. Dan held little Noah, and Phil held Dan from behind, his chin over his husband's shoulder. There was a moment of awe in which they stood silently, admiring their son together. Dan could hear Phil swallow, his wet nose sniffling softly.

"Noah Michael." Dan repeated with a fond smile. He brushed the baby's soft cheek with his index finger. "My God you are beautiful." Dan whispered into the bundle. Phil hummed in agreement and kissed Dan's temple.

"Phil?" Dan giggled. "Would you like to hold him?"

Phil was overcome with emotion just seeing Dan hold him. He wondered if he should sit down.

"I do, but I need to sit Love." Phil smiled. "I'm shaking."

Dan smiled back and nodded. He was shaking too. The warm bundle felt so good in his arms, so natural. He watched as Phil positioned himself on the sofa at the far end of the room. Dan walked over to stand between his open legs.

"Ready Daddy?" Dan winked as he bent forward and lowered their baby down to lay in Phil's arms. Passing him off to his waiting husband was by far the most emotional moment yet.

Their hands brushed, and Dan could feel Phil's strong arms accept the tiny infant. He curled them toward his chest, blinking away new tears.

"Oh my God." Phil whispered to both Noah and Dan. "Hello Baby."

Dan's chest ached at the sight. He visualized this moment so many times before, but this was even more precious than he imagined. Phil looked at their son the very same way that he had looked at Dan so many times before - with complete adoration and amazement.

Phil felt something swell inside of him. It was the familiar need to protect at all costs; he felt this way with Dan only minutes after meeting him. It was both comforting and terrifying.

Dan sat down next to them and looked on with pure love. "Isn't he beautiful Noah?" Phil looked at Dan and grinned. He said something similar to their son about Dan. The child was not even thirty minutes old and he was already in the middle of his fathers' affections. It made them both smile and swoon.

"Open your eyes again for Papa...please?" Phil stroked his tiny, warm cheeks, hoping that he would see those gorgeous dark eyes again.

"He must be really tired Daddy." Dan pressed his face to Phil's upper arm and shoulder. Phil agreed.

"I can't imagine." The bundle shifted, and the baby made soft popping sounds and squeaked. "Oh Dan!"

They giggled. Who knew that he would make such adorable noises already? Suddenly, the tiny Neko yawned. His closed eyelids scrunched up and his little mouth opened wide. Phil cooed as he watched the baby's curled, pink tongue unfurl and flatten out in front of him. The soft noise from his mouth had both Dan and Phil sighing sweetly.

"Awwww, Phil!" Dan nuzzled his arm. It was all too adorable. Phil make a similar sound and pushed back into his husband.

"He is so cute Phil." Dan whispered into his jumper. From here, the baby looked like a human; his little ears were hidden under his cap and his tail was wrapped up in the warmth of the flannel. Dan knew that it was important for the baby to stay warm and wrapped, but he could hardly wait to see him again. His tail was maybe four inches long, he couldn't remember.

"Phil? How is his tail? Did you see it?"

Phil smiled and bounced the bundle in his arms. "Yes, and it is adorable Baby. Don't worry, it is healthy and strong."